Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Full Throttle SnowStorms Coming?, In Midwest?
Midwest Cold and Snow'y?
will the Midwest Be Bone Chilli'n Cold and Snow'y?
YES, it will be both BONE CHILLING COLD and we will have a lot more snow then what we had last year [ 7 ] ** [43.75%]
YES, but we will just be COLD and the snaow amounts will be less or equal to last years amount [ 8 ] ** [50.00%]
MAYBE, I just don't know [ 1 ] ** [6.25%]
No, it will be warm and dry(WISHFULL THINKING) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 16
Guests cannot vote 
thegreenstormfro...
post Mar 25 2008, 03:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 14,458

answer the poll, and if you have more to say. post it ! wink.gif

This post has been edited by WeatherMatrix: Dec 15 2008, 08:12 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thegreenstormfro...
post Sep 16 2008, 03:34 PM
Post #2

Now for my Midwest (Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, north Dakota and...) forecast for fall and winter! (which this thread may have to e moved)

Fall

Early :

(Iowa - Nebraska)

Quite cool 15 to 20 below normal temps - with a lot of rain and sleet toward the middles of fall with sleet moderate to heavy amounts during the mid to late parts accumulating 3 to 10 inches or more but no more then 13 inches before first snowfall near which may be 3 or 5 days Before Thanks Giving.

(North Dakota - Minnesota)

Early RECORD breaking Cold

Cold temps nearing 10 to about -20 below Zero by the mid part of fall if not by the time fall arrives. There may be record snowfall or sleet before mid portions of fall. By Mid Fall, or Thanks Giving Snow may be heavy and cold about -20 to near -30

Late fall seems to be About the same.

WINTER (ENTIRE WINTER)

(Iowa - Nebraska) Snow and a lot of it with severe winter Storms and BLIZZARDS. Temps may reach -40 zero at Times with Wind Chills near -70 to about -100 zero.

30+ feet snow expected

Winter Storms and Blizzards are Likely and freezing temps near -50 or COLDER. Wind chills may be over -80

50+ snow (RECORD BREAKING POSSIBILITY)

+Quote Post
SEMIweather
post Sep 16 2008, 04:24 PM
Post #3

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 14,772

Well...as much as I would love for this to happen. Oh wait I just got to the part about the -70F wind chills. Nevermind, this would suck if it happened. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
University of Oklahoma Meteorology Major - Class of 2014

Follow me on Twitter.

+Quote Post
thegreenstormfro...
post Sep 16 2008, 04:51 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(SEMIweather @ Sep 16 2008, 04:24 PM) *
Well...as much as I would love for this to happen. Oh wait I just got to the part about the -70F wind chills. Nevermind, this would suck if it happened. rolleyes.gif

I'm sorry to say that this may be realistic.. Examines the OLD FArMERS ALMINAC! sad.gif mellow.gif unsure.gif ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
BriSr
post Sep 16 2008, 06:13 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 12,681

QUOTE(thegreenstormfront @ Sep 16 2008, 04:34 PM) *
Now for my Midwest (Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, north Dakota and...) forecast for fall and winter! (which this thread may have to e moved)

Fall
Early :

(Iowa - Nebraska)

Quite cool 15 to 20 below normal temps - with a lot of rain and sleet toward the middles of fall with sleet moderate to heavy amounts during the mid to late parts accumulating 3 to 10 inches or more but no more then 13 inches before first snowfall near which may be 3 or 5 days Before Thanks Giving.

Cold temps nearing 10 to about -20 below Zero by the mid part of fall if not by the time fall arrives. There may be record snowfall or sleet before mid portions of fall. By Mid Fall, or Thanks Giving Snow may be heavy and cold about -20 to near -30

WINTER (ENTIRE WINTER)

(Iowa - Nebraska) Snow and a lot of it with severe winter Storms and BLIZZARDS. Temps may reach -40 zero at Times with Wind Chills near -70 to about -100 zero.

30+ feet snow expected

Winter Storms and Blizzards are Likely and freezing temps near -50 or COLDER. Wind chills may be over -80

Now, you don't ever want to say"When heck freezes over" around here, because it just might next winter. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

Avatar: Winter in the Northland of MN.

Photo courtesy Dennis O'Hara of Northern Images Photography. Browse photos of the Duluth, and the surrounding area. Live web cam, also.

http://northernimages.smugmug.com/galleries

+Quote Post
thegreenstormfro...
post Sep 16 2008, 09:25 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(BriSr @ Sep 16 2008, 06:13 PM) *
Now, you don't ever want to say"When heck freezes over" around here, because it just might next winter. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

oh, heck... and HIGH Ice cubes!... I thought it was Heck and high water? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
stuffradio
post Sep 19 2008, 08:23 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 15,716

I don't wish for all the icy weather... but I do wish for lots of snow here (sounds like I will get my wish for the first one, but not the second sad.gif )

+Quote Post
thegreenstormfro...
post Sep 19 2008, 08:35 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(stuffradio @ Sep 19 2008, 08:23 PM) *
I don't wish for all the icy weather... but I do wish for lots of snow here (sounds like I will get my wish for the first one, but not the second sad.gif )

its could be worse... what if it were HOT AND DRY like the Arizona desert.

laugh.gif maybe your right - all hail - here I have the wrong forecast lol laugh.gif

This post has been edited by thegreenstormfront: Sep 19 2008, 08:37 PM

+Quote Post
stuffradio
post Sep 19 2008, 10:22 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 15,716

laugh.gif poor you tongue.gif

+Quote Post
thegreenstormfro...
post Sep 22 2008, 08:39 PM
Post #10

Supposedly were gonna get hit here where i Live with severe Thunder Storms! I kinda would like to see a tornado. As long as it does not do any damage or hurts/kills anybody. I just want to see one in person in the country. I kinda live in the country but its considered town lol
biggrin.gif cool.gif

I love weather and weather loves me(OUCH DANG HAIL stop Wacking my Head)

This post has been edited by thegreenstormfront: Sep 22 2008, 08:40 PM

+Quote Post
thegreenstormfro...
post Dec 14 2008, 06:56 PM
Post #11

Well, well, well, It looks a bit cold in North Dakota. I guess im quite close on this forecast! ohmy.gif

Think warm thoughts! ---> http://www.webcambiglook.com/nd.shtml

some one has got to change that picture to a live look!

This post has been edited by thegreenstormfront: Dec 14 2008, 07:19 PM

+Quote Post
SnowMan11
post Dec 14 2008, 07:10 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 14,017

I chose answer 1.

--------------------
LETS GO METS

+Quote Post
thegreenstormfro...
post Dec 14 2008, 08:18 PM
Post #13

I like your avaitor Snowman. It looks so realistic of what us northern one feel like laugh.gif

+Quote Post
thegreenstormfro...
post Dec 21 2008, 05:18 PM
Post #14

This was a forecast topic why is this considered a game contest? so who ever moved it may want to rethink this move.

Also Please make sure you post a Link to where it moved to. I couldn't find it.

the Flu season is here. I am really feeling kinda like it blink.gif ohmy.gif (I'M not sure If i have the Flu)

And yes the Winter Forecast I made seems to be quite right this year!

----------------------------------------NEW FORECAST--------------------------------------------------------------

This spring may bring a outbreak of tornadoes.

May and June may have it in for us. from Nebraska, Minnesota, south Dakota, Indiana and the 1/3 western part of Wisconsin.

temps will be warmer in June than last years temps. they will be about 5 to 15 warmer. but a Lot of rain may come this year.

Summer looks about the same I am thinking it will be MOIST, MUGGY, WARM and RAINY/STORMY. Massive Severe Storms Possible! something no one wants to hear or read. sad.gif

The Winter(2009 - 2010) Ahead will be cold but not as Bad As this year. and will not be as snowy

This post has been edited by thegreenstormfront: Dec 21 2008, 05:55 PM

+Quote Post
thegreenstormfro...
post Jan 14 2009, 10:34 AM
Post #15

So I was a bit off on how much snow... Changes feet to inches.. but a lot of records were broke and the temps were right on, so they are off by about 20 to 30 degrees. P. S. BBBBRRRRRRRR laugh.gif

Minot ND Last check was about -24F (below zero) ohmy.gif with wind chills nearing -50F(below zero) ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

I think that is the coldest I can find! Keep warm and have a great day!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE(thegreenstormfront @ Sep 16 2008, 03:34 PM) *

Fall
Early :

(Iowa - Nebraska)

WINTER (ENTIRE WINTER)

30+ feet snow expected

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 06:51 AM