Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Daily Berkshires, MA General Weather OBS., From Gentle Breezes to Heat Waves to Storms
apeaslee
post Apr 17 2008, 03:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 14,376

[font="Comic Sans MS"][/font]spring time weather has certainly returned,i think the winter weather season is officially over and done with.a low pressure system with cold airmass came in here during end of last weekend into this past monday and tuesday.i had a low monday night into tuesday morning of 17.5 degrees,then tuesday night/early wednesday morning low 22.4 degrees.i also had another real cold one again last night into this morning,with a morning low of 23.5 degrees with all 3 nights and early mornings with hard freezes.the air temps responded nicely tuesday afternoon with a high 57 degrees,then yesterday i had a high of 74 degrees.then todays high of 82.4 degrees as of 343pm,my air temps are still at 83.4 degrees as of 352pm,so i dont think im going to reach 85 degrees for a high today,it looks like my highest air temps might be right now.so for friday.abundance of sunshine with air temps going into the mid-upper 80s as far as im concerned since model runs indicate a good 3-8 degrees milder for friday and saturday,which i still think saturday still should feature mostly sunny skys with clouds late in the day.i cant believe how much its feeling alot like springtime outside in the hot blazing sunshine and warm weather.i can still remember that incredible heat wave i had some 6yrs ago this week,because it was april 15th into the 19th,2002.when all of a sudden,the heat came in here like a blowtorch and got very warm to hot outside even the breezy conditions was like a hot blowtorch in your face.my air temps were 82 degrees on april 15th,then 92 degrees on april 16th,then 96 degrees on april 17th,then 94 degrees on april 18th and 19th.see what happened was on the 19th as to why it went back above 90 degrees,it was because the cold airmass didnt fully filter into the area till saturday afternoon and saturday night of april 20th.my air temps did reach 88 degrees at 11am april 19th,then i had t-storms roaming about my area towards the western sky at noontime,but it took till 1pm to finally get clocked with severe violent supercell t-storms with incredible amounts of lightning bolts and huge thunderous crackling crashing of thunder with heavy duty torrential downpours.but it all ended at 130pm,then the sun came out from time to time at 230pm,then at 3pm, all of a sudden it was mostly sunny outside and getting hotter and hotter with air temps jumping back thru the 80s into the 90s with a high of 94 degrees at 420pm that afternoon april 19th back 6yrs ago.i swimming up at pontoosuc lake the whole entire week of april 15th into the 19th 2002,because it got so warm and really hot outside,and thats the hottest april i can remember.but it also showed and proved to me that it can get very warm to hot outside in mid-late april.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Apr 18 2008, 01:37 PM
Post #2

the warmer weather certainly continues today with abundance of sunshine and breezy conditions,plus everything is as dry as bone outside,therefore its a dangerous fire situation outside here in my area because of alotta dead grass and brush and leaves that can go up like a roman candle if people aint carefull with outside fire,and matches and lighters and cigarettes than can easily set things ablaze in the matter of minutes.but luckily,my area isnt having winds of 35-40mph or higher,because the nws in albany would red flag my area.so far its a real beautiful day with total sunshine all day long with air temps soaring thru the 70s,it looks like my air temps may breach 80 degrees,because i already passed 70 and 75 degrees awhile ago.but right now,i have blazing sunshine,very warm airmass in place from high pressure over the northeast.my air temps are 79.3 degrees as of 226pm,humidity way down at 29%,while my dewpoints are 44.2 degrees.so far these are the warmest temps of the day,and i certainly do have a chance to break 80 degrees and be as warm as yesterday.but all during this past week air temps been tumbling some 35-40 degrees at night,which goes to show and prove that you dont need snowpack for air temps to plunge at night,you only need this cold dry airmass that will make air temps plunge at night and i seen it do the samething after everything has grown in outside.but pretty soon the airmass will get more tropical and moisturized,then air temps at night will only drop 20-22 degrees from where they were during the day.when taken a look at the overall weather pattern from the way it looks like its setting up next week from tuesday into the following weekend with the high pressure system ankering itself of the coast will allow for more warmer weather to return.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Apr 18 2008, 05:24 PM
Post #3

sun,sun and more sun is all you can really say about today.its been a beautifull sunny,pleasantly warm afternoon,although it felt alot hotter in the blazing sunshine and you can easily sun burnt within an hour yesterday and today becoming red as an apple.my air temps did break 80 degrees once again this afternoon,i had a high of 81.6 degrees as of 230pm this afternoon.so this will be the 2nd time this year,my air temps broke 80 degrees and it sure felt alot like summer these past 2 days.the air temps are dropping back a bit sooner and cooler already compared to the sametime 24hrs ago.for instance,my air temps stayed above 80 degrees thru 6pm,when the air temps were 81.5 degrees.but now at this time 24hrs later,my air temps are 75.3 degrees as of 605pm.so it seems as though the air temps are falling back quicker and cooler this evening.i heard some fires on the scanner being reported this afternoon.so as i said before,it sure is a very serious fire danger outside,because any fire can go out of control and many areas can be scorched in the matter of minutes.but luckily,the winds havnt been strong at all today,because it has been breezy since late morning into late afternoon with some wind gusts reaching 10 an 15mph.but so far none of the winds reached 35-40mph where the nws in albany wouldve red flag the area.then for tomorrow,another beautiful sunny pleasantly warm day with air temps in the mid-upper 70s.i think i will still see sunshine on sunday,then mostly cloudy late in the afternoon mid-upper 60s.so as i look at my air temps,my air temps are 74.4 degrees as of 620pm,humidity 28%,my dewpoints are 39 degrees and barometer falling slowly at 29.94 in.

+Quote Post
Weatherman Tyler
post Apr 18 2008, 07:40 PM
Post #4

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 12,145

The official high in Bristol, CT was 83.4 degrees today...I was sweating while laying down mulch! Yuck.

--------------------
Student Meteorologist Tyler Jankoski
The Pennsylvania State University '14
www.TylersWeather.com

Northwest Connecticut Weather:
www.TylersWeather.com

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_goatroper65_*
post Apr 18 2008, 07:47 PM
Post #5

Guests

QUOTE(Weatherman Tyler @ Apr 18 2008, 08:40 PM) *
The official high in Bristol, CT was 83.4 degrees today...I was sweating while laying down mulch! Yuck.
Use A rake Hit 86 here SUNBURN

This post has been edited by goatroper65: Apr 18 2008, 07:48 PM

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Apr 18 2008, 08:50 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(Weatherman Tyler @ Apr 18 2008, 08:40 PM) *

i would imagine so,it was a real warm one today.but out in that hot blazing sunshine,it probably felt like 95-100 degrees after awhile with that sun just constantly beating down on you.i already layed down my mulch during last fall.well atleast sunday and monday will be cooler and alot better for doing outside yard work.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Apr 18 2008, 08:56 PM
Post #7

the airmass sure is cooling off fast tonight,its feeling so much more cooler and refreshing.but its actually starting to feel a bit chilly outside after being so warm today.its hard to believe my air temps are 53.5 degrees right now at 950pm,it wouldnt surprise me if i drop another 10 or 11 degrees by early tomorrow morning.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Apr 19 2008, 07:02 AM
Post #8

it was a rather chilly start to this morning with a low of 34.5 degrees at 4am in the morning.but now the sun is out blazing,im expecting sunshine all day long with air temps reaching or exceeding 80 degrees once again this afternoon.i can start to notice my grass is getting greener outside,i can also see some trees are having buds,so its getting closer and closer for everything to really grow in outside,and this will be when spring and has sprung with the grass,all the different kinds of flowers and trees and all has all grown in outside.i should have another sunny beautiful pleasantly warm day tomorrow with highs reaching or exceeding 70 degrees late sunday morning or early afternoon.the low pressure system out to my west and also the cold front shouldnt really impact the area all that much sunday into monday,infact the cold front wont making it thru here and stall to my north and then push back to the north as a warm front,then the closed cutoff low will push outta the area by monday afternoon and monday night.then much milder and warmer weather for tuesday and wednesday as air temps go back into the upper 60s into the mid-upper 70s.my air temps are 43.7 degrees,dewpoints are 38.7 degrees.my barometer is slowly falling at 30.04 inches.

+Quote Post
yankees
post Apr 19 2008, 07:27 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 13,731

my high in southeast new york was 82 and it was sunny without a cloud in the sky a beautiful day i was having a catch and playing kick ball all afternoon

This post has been edited by yankees: Apr 19 2008, 07:28 AM

--------------------
Summer Weather Safety
Summer is here and here are some tips to stay safe

Severe Weather
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/severeweather/index.shtml

Heat Safety
http://nws.noaa.gov/os/heat/index.shtml

09-10 43.5 inches ( Newly Updated from 39 inches)
10-11 60.5 inches
11-12 21 inches
12-13 45.5 inches
13-14 57 inches

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Apr 19 2008, 12:26 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(yankees @ Apr 19 2008, 08:27 AM) *
my high in southeast new york was 82 and it was sunny without a cloud in the sky a beautiful day i was having a catch and playing kick ball all afternoon

it sure sounds like it was pretty warm in your area while outside playing kickball yesterday afternoon,well its certainly most likely feeling alot warmer this afternoon 2.5hrs to the south of me than yesterday afternoon,because the its getting hot outside in that blazing sunshine and you can really feel that very warm airmass thrusting in here bigtime.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Apr 19 2008, 12:34 PM
Post #11

its getting alot warmer and alot quicker today than it did yesterday,because ever since 1030-11am,the heat really bursted in here under southerly wind flow.i can smell fires outside,i can smell smoke alot outside today compare to yesterday.it sure is a serious fire danger outside because everything is as dry as tinderbox and everything can go up like a roman candle if people are being careless about fire,matches,lighters and cigarettes especially with a good stiff 8-15mph winds.the heat wave this week is very reminiscent of the heat wave i had back 6yrs ago on april 15th into the 19th 2002,although this heat wave air temps since wednesday into today havnt reached the criteria of 6yrs ago,but its getting pretty close to it.my air temps have breached 80 degrees once again this afternoon.so far,my highest air temps are 83.3 degrees as of 130pm,my dewpoints are 46.3 degrees and humidity is 28%.the latest barometer reading is holding steady at exactly 30 inches.since its only 130pm,i should have a chance of reaching or exceeding 85 degrees and maybe even hit 88 degrees during the next few hours.

+Quote Post
AnthonyS
post Apr 19 2008, 12:52 PM
Post #12

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 1,182

Just so everybody knows, "heatwave" is an actual meteorological defininition that in the northeast region, means three consecutive days of 90F high temperatures. This is not a heatwave.

Anthony

Nice high cirrostratus deck filtering the sunshine, good breeze -- this is a top 10 day, most definitely.

This post has been edited by AnthonyS: Apr 19 2008, 01:52 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Apr 19 2008, 02:16 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(AnthonyS @ Apr 19 2008, 01:52 PM) *
Just so everybody knows, "heatwave" is an actual meteorological defininition that in the northeast region, means three consecutive days of 90F high temperatures. This is not a heatwave.

Anthony

Nice high cirrostratus deck filtering the sunshine, good breeze -- this is a top 10 day, most definitely.

you are correct anthony that a heat wave is 3 days or more above 90 degrees.the heat wave of april 15ht into the 19th of 2002 was a heat wave.tuesday april 16th into the 19th of 2002 all 4 days were above 90 degrees.but this very warm weather since wednesday with air temps in the 80s can be characterize as a heat wave,because the air temps are over 20 degrees above normal.when you go outside in that hot blazing sunshine for awhile and it certainly feels like a heat wave as it gets hotter and hotter outside in that sun.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Apr 19 2008, 02:21 PM
Post #14

its getting very warm outside,its getting so warm its like a blowtorch in your face especially with those gusty winds with that hot air blowing in your face.you can see the hot beams of heat coming off of cars,trucks,buildings,houses,and especially tar streets.it sure is feeling alot like mid-late may and early june outside as air temps soar into the 80s.my air temps have superceded 85 degrees.my highest air temps right now as of 317pm are 87.1 degrees,my dewpoints are 47.3 degrees.my latest barometric reading is 29.97 in falling slowly.i wonder if my air temps can reach 88 degrees,i still got a shot at doing it during the next hour or so.

+Quote Post
AnthonyS
post Apr 19 2008, 02:30 PM
Post #15

Actually, I better clarify, there is no official definition of heat wave, as the magnitude can vary from region to region. However, in the northeast, the NWS and AMS, of which I am a member, distinguish such an event as three consecutive days or more where the temperature rises to 90F or above.

At any rate, it is up to 85 at my house. *smile*

Anthony

--------------------

+Quote Post
MAG5035
post Apr 19 2008, 02:37 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 12,487

hah wow 79 degrees in Saranac Lake, NY right now, bet that snows leavin in a hurry

--------------------
Michael Glunt
PSU grad
B.S Meteorology/GIS minor

MLWX Forecasting
forecasts by MAG5035 and LoganTyler

+Quote Post
AnthonyS
post Apr 19 2008, 02:42 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(MAG5035 @ Apr 19 2008, 03:37 PM) *
hah wow 79 degrees in Saranac Lake, NY right now, bet that snows leavin in a hurry

Our little PA icebox, Bradford, is up to 78F as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_ilovesnow2007_*
post Apr 19 2008, 02:46 PM
Post #18

Guests

84 beautiful and balmy degrees here in Allentown Pa as of 3:42 PM..thus far it is 1 degree warmer then yesterday!

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Apr 19 2008, 03:07 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(MAG5035 @ Apr 19 2008, 03:37 PM) *

i bet that snow sure is leaving in a hurry up at saranac lake.you know,they were nailed with some real good decent snows and cold snaps this past winter season,plus it wasnt that long ago that they were having air temps plunging below zero at night and daytime highs in the teens.it must be feeling alot like summer up at saranac lake,because they sure take awhile to warm up in those neck of the woods

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Apr 19 2008, 03:13 PM
Post #20

my air temps did indeed break 88 degrees,it happened a little while ago at 330pm,my highest air temps were 88.4 degrees this afternoon.i dont think its actually possible to break 90 degres,my air temps havnt gone any higher than the high today,plus my air temps fell back and fluctuated between 87 and 88 degrees during the past 35mins.my air temps right now are 87.7 degrees with dewpoints at 47.7 degrees.it sure is a hot one today,if my pool was open i definitely wouldve went swimming.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 04:39 PM