Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

169 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Goodbye Thread, It speaks for itslef
Removed_Member_blizzardnyc2008_*
post Jun 20 2008, 10:48 PM
Post #1

Guests

This thread is called the Goodbye Thread. When you log off, you come in here and say goodbye so we can say goodbye to you. Also, if you're not going to be around for a while, come in here and say that.

This post has been edited by starsinmysky: May 21 2009, 09:29 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maw
post Jun 21 2008, 06:39 AM
Post #2

Group: Member
Member No.: 12,971

So I guess I can throw out these absentee request forms now???

--------------------
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Rather it should be to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand and the Good Book in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"

+Quote Post
ironwood
post Jun 21 2008, 06:58 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 12,165

QUOTE(Maw @ Jun 21 2008, 06:39 AM) *
So I guess I can throw out these absentee request forms now???

That is completely your perogative. I would keep a few just in case you have to make copies someday.

+Quote Post
Maw
post Jun 21 2008, 08:05 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(ironwood @ Jun 21 2008, 07:58 AM) *
That is completely your perogative. I would keep a few just in case you have to make copies someday.

And exactly what did you do with the copies I gave you??? I know you didn't fill them out and inform me of your absense of last week. Did you make a candleobra with them??? Did you make fake snowballs with them?? Or perhaps you put them in your campfire. I'd really like to know.

--------------------
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Rather it should be to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand and the Good Book in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"

+Quote Post
ironwood
post Jun 21 2008, 08:09 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(Maw @ Jun 21 2008, 08:05 AM) *
And exactly what did you do with the copies I gave you??? I know you didn't fill them out and inform me of your absense of last week. Did you make a candleobra with them??? Did you make fake snowballs with them?? Or perhaps you put them in your campfire. I'd really like to know.

If you must know...*sigh* I was making good luck paper cranes with them. I'm sorry I just wanted to practice, and I had so many of those forms.

+Quote Post
post Jun 21 2008, 08:51 AM
Post #6

Guests

Maw, I will still fill out any of your necessary paperwork. We have a tendency in the Current Weather Forum to say goodnght and gooin anitdbye to one another. In here, it makes it easier than someone posting in another thread they're going on vacation or something. Someone may not see that. If you post it in here, everyone will see it. You can talk about vacations in here, plans for the weekend, whatever as it pertains to saying goodbye or goodnight.

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_Bl1zzard_*
post Jun 21 2008, 10:12 AM
Post #7

Guests

I'm going to need those papers Maw. I'm in Barcelona at the moment so I have internet, but I'm leaving again tomorrow afternoon and will be without internet for the duration of my vacation. I could pay 10 bucks a minute for internet, but y'all aren't that important to me.

As an aside, I'm in barcelona, as I said, without luggage. The airport appears to have been *bleep*ed and lost all 7 pieces of luggage we had. We got a call that 6 of the 7 are currently en-route to the hotel, but the 7th is somewhere else. I'm really *bleep*ed at the moment.

Barcelona is a beautiful city though. We've spent the last day and a half wandering around the city (in the same clothes, which are all sweaty now) seeing it in entirety. Just gorgeous.

So, Maw, if you can get me those papers by this evening, I'd be more than happy to have them filled out for you by the morning. Thanks.

Regards, Elliot

+Quote Post
Maw
post Jun 21 2008, 10:28 AM
Post #8

How stinkin cool is that!!! Who did you go there with, Elliot? That sounds like a blast. Too bad about the luggage. But from I've been told, many of those Europeans don't worry too much about body odor or deodarant, so you'll just seem like one of the natives. wink.gif

I agree, I don't think that we're worth 10 bucks a minute. Maybe 8, but no way 10.

I filled out your forms for you. You can sign them when you get back. I'll leave them here on the cork board for you. I sure hope Iron doesn't get the hankering to make more paper cranes and spots them.

Have a great trip. We'll sure miss you. Please stay safe.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maw
post Jun 21 2008, 10:29 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(blizzardnyc2008 @ Jun 21 2008, 09:51 AM) *
Maw, I will still fill out any of your necessary paperwork. We have a tendency in the Current Weather Forum to say goodnght and gooin anitdbye to one another. In here, it makes it easier than someone posting in another thread they're going on vacation or something. Someone may not see that. If you post it in here, everyone will see it. You can talk about vacations in here, plans for the weekend, whatever as it pertains to saying goodbye or goodnight.

An organized thinker. I knew I liked you. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_Bl1zzard_*
post Jun 21 2008, 10:49 AM
Post #10

Guests

QUOTE(Maw @ Jun 21 2008, 11:28 AM) *
How stinkin cool is that!!! Who did you go there with, Elliot? That sounds like a blast. Too bad about the luggage. But from I've been told, many of those Europeans don't worry too much about body odor or deodarant, so you'll just seem like one of the natives. wink.gif

I agree, I don't think that we're worth 10 bucks a minute. Maybe 8, but no way 10.

I filled out your forms for you. You can sign them when you get back. I'll leave them here on the cork board for you. I sure hope Iron doesn't get the hankering to make more paper cranes and spots them.

Have a great trip. We'll sure miss you. Please stay safe.

I had deodarant and a pair of shorts in my carry-on bag, along with the laptop I'm writing on currently.

I'm here with my family. This'll probably be our last big family vacation. My sister's going to college with me next year, and my parents are probably moving south in the reasonably near future. My dad's already looking for jobs in Carolina. Two week cruise through the mediterranean and a couple nights in Barcelona on either side. Should be absolutely wonderful, if luggage comes.

I talked to a "Nick" at continental airlines and he said that 6 were currently being delivered to me and that he has a hunch as to where the 7th is. I tend to think it came in on the second flight from Newark (two leave within an hour of each other), and will be here later tonight. That's the garment bag with my Mom and sister's dresses and nice skirts in. The clothes for the "formal nights".

Oh, you'd only be willing to pay 8 dollars to talk to us would you? mad.gif Real nice Maw. dry.gif I'd pay 9.50 easy, but 10 is just a bit too steep.

Thanks for taking care of the paperwork for me, saves me the trouble. Just leave some tacks sticking out of the wall through the paper so that if Iron reaches for them, they'll poke him in the fingers. That ought to teach him not to mess with Maw's official documents.

This post has been edited by Bl1zzard: Mar 7 2009, 12:02 AM

+Quote Post
Maw
post Jun 21 2008, 12:11 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(Bl1zzard @ Jun 21 2008, 11:49 AM) *
I had deodarant and a pair of shorts in my carry-on bag, along with the laptop I'm writing on currently.

I'm here with my family. I wish I was here with my girlfriend, but it's a bit too expensive. This'll probably be our last big family vacation. My sister's going to college with me next year, and my parents are probably moving south in the reasonably near future. My dad's already looking for jobs in Carolina. Two week cruise through the mediterranean and a couple nights in Barcelona on either side. Should be absolutely wonderful, if luggage comes.

I talked to a "Nick" at continental airlines and he said that 6 were currently being delivered to me and that he has a hunch as to where the 7th is. I tend to think it came in on the second flight from Newark (two leave within an hour of each other), and will be here later tonight. That's the garment bag with my Mom and sister's dresses and nice skirts in. The clothes for the "formal nights".

Oh, you'd only be willing to pay 8 dollars to talk to us would you? mad.gif Real nice Maw. dry.gif I'd pay 9.50 easy, but 10 is just a bit too steep.

Thanks for taking care of the paperwork for me, saves me the trouble. Just leave some tacks sticking out of the wall through the paper so that if Iron reaches for them, they'll poke him in the fingers. That ought to teach him not to mess with Maw's official documents.

Knowing Iron, he'll probably enjoy the poking of his finger and end up getting blood all over the place. He's like a 2 year old when it comes to messes, ya know.

Oh man, your mom's and sister's stuff missing-- When the ladies in the group aren't happy, watch out. I hope everything reaches you as planned. You've gone such a long way for something to go wrong at this point. Enjoy the cruise and being with your family. It seems that those days are coming to a close for you all with you and your sis getting older. Things change. Get lots of pictures to remember all of this by. Besides, I want to see the pictures, too!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
NTXchaser
post Jun 21 2008, 01:51 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 14,575

Sorry, I was absent from the abstentee form meeting. I need a few copies.

--------------------
Australian weather freak, living in Chicago.

OFFICIAL DENVER BRONCOS ACCUWEATHER FAN

+Quote Post
post Jun 21 2008, 05:47 PM
Post #13

Guests

Maw, I don't need those papers, because I will be back tomorrow. Going on a date in NYC. Good night everyone and goodbye and godspeed laugh.gif

+Quote Post
ironwood
post Jun 21 2008, 05:49 PM
Post #14

Same for me, but I'm not going to NYC or on a date...well It's not really the same at all then is it? I'm out though. See you tommorow.

+Quote Post
NTXchaser
post Jun 21 2008, 05:52 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 14,575

I'm out also. Have fun tonight.

--------------------
Australian weather freak, living in Chicago.

OFFICIAL DENVER BRONCOS ACCUWEATHER FAN

+Quote Post
SEMIweather
post Jun 21 2008, 06:15 PM
Post #16

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 14,772

I'm off for the night. I have a date with my TV to watch Cloverfield and the Tigers game. rolleyes.gif

EDIT: Meh, forget watching Cloverfield, I'm just watching the Tigers game. rolleyes.gif I'm so wishy-washy about what to do with my free time. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by southeastmichiganweather: Jun 21 2008, 06:46 PM

--------------------
University of Oklahoma Meteorology Major - Class of 2014

Follow me on Twitter.

+Quote Post
Weatherman Tyler
post Jun 21 2008, 10:28 PM
Post #17

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 12,145

I will be gone starting Monday for most of the summer....the signature describes it all below:

--------------------
Student Meteorologist Tyler Jankoski
The Pennsylvania State University '14
www.TylersWeather.com

Northwest Connecticut Weather:
www.TylersWeather.com

+Quote Post
SnowMan11
post Jun 21 2008, 11:46 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 14,017

I'm signing off. Gn
wink.gif

--------------------
LETS GO METS

+Quote Post
TiffyTerror87
post Jun 22 2008, 02:24 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 14,860

Welp folks, I'm gone to bed...be back tomorrow..or today I should say since it's already Sunday. Ta-ta!

--------------------
]Can't wait until mine & my husband's bundle of joy arrives around May 4, 2011!!! :)

+Quote Post
mmi16
post Jun 22 2008, 04:33 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 13,204

I'm a Karma chamelion

I come and go!

--------------------
Never too old to have a happy childhood!

Don't put an age limit on your dreams!

+Quote Post

169 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 05:32 PM