Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Eastern NY / Western MA Weather, all types of severe weather
apeaslee
post Jul 2 2008, 12:10 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 14,376

i recently had some t-storms hitting western and central ma this afternoon,while other storms impacted areas just over the mountain in eastern ny.since im only 20 minutes away from ny state,the storms come in here from my western sky over the mountain and sometimes from my southwest/south facing sky,so whatever is hitting upstate ny is usually effecting me within the matter of minutes and the nws in albany covers my area,i never been in the coverage area the nws from taunton,ma.i did have chances for t-storms this afternoon from a trough pushing thru the area,but i was missed by t-storms and didnt get any therefor it remained tranquill thru the evening into tonight and overnight and into early this morning.so a bit more cooler and less humid airmass is ushering in here with air temps expected to be in the lower 50s by early this morning.i will be sunny and warm and somewhat humid today with air temps reaching the mid 80s,then for thursday mostly sunny very and humid with air temps in the mid-upper 80s.so the way things look like right now,its looking more like the possibility of strong-severe storms wont be till late thursday afternoon or thursday night.my air temps right now are 59.5 degrees,while my dewpoints are 54.4 degrees.my barometer is rising slowly at 29.93 in
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Jul 2 2008, 05:21 AM
Post #2

i had clear skys and chilly air temps this morning,the cool airmass really settled in here this morning.but after a chilly start this morning,its going to be a sunny pleasantly warm day with air temps in the lower 80s.then sunny and warm and more humid on thursday with the potential for strong-severe storms late in the afternoon into the evening with highs in the mid 80s.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Jul 2 2008, 03:56 PM
Post #3

today was a real beautiful day,i had mostly sunny skys,breezy and pleasantly warm conditions today,and you couldnt hardly notice any humidity in the air.it was great to have all this sunshine yesterday,then today after all that heavy rains i had before with those t-storms that really drenched the garden.my highest air temps are 82 degrees today for the past half hour as of 415pm,but it certainly felt alot hotter in that blazing sunshine.the frontal boundary that came thru here yesterday was still lingering around central and eastern ma this morning into this afternoon,then powerfull t-storms with some hail,heavy winds and torrential downpours hit eastern ma into nh.therefor none of these storms formed in my area of western ma in the berkshires.it should remain sunny into the evening with air temps around 80 degrees thru 6pm,then air temps should be dropping back thru the 70s into the 60s thru mid evening.my air temps should eventually drop into the low-mid 50s by tomorrow morning.then for tomorrow,sunny with clouds increasing,along with the humidity really increasing during the day getting very warm outside as air temps climb into the mid-upper 80s.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Jul 3 2008, 04:28 AM
Post #4

it is now looking more and more like the potential for strong-severe storms during mid-late afternoon today with supercells and mesos,high winds,dangerous lightning and torrential downpours will be expected.i got some high clouds passing overhead right now and during the next few hours,but the sun will come out blazing and get very warm and much more humid than what it is right now with air temps climbing into the mid-upper 80s,and my dewpoints are 52 degrees right now and should climb 12-15 degrees higher today,so with alotta sunshine should set the stage for severe storms this afternoon.but right now its partly cloudy and a little breezy outside,my air temps are 55.3 degrees,while my dewpoints are 52.1 degrees.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Jul 4 2008, 02:57 AM
Post #5

i had some light-moderate rain during late thursday afternoon that lasted thru 6pm and soaked everything outside pretty good.so with the moisture on the ground and in the air,i had alotta moisture content around and the low clouds and dense came in here during late last night into early this morning as it stays warm and some what humid.then during the past 90mins,i had some light rain push in here,but t-storms and torrential downpours went thru the lower hudson valley of ny and into ct.so the t-storms and torrential downpours passed on by down to my south during the past couple of hours.i can still see a little bit more rain forming south of albany heading northeastward into pittsfield,so i got some light rain falling right now outside and the dense fog has lifted.the frontal system is pushing thru the area right now,you can clearly see it on the sat pics animation showing the cold front overhead moving southeastward.so depending on how much this cold front clears the area will depend on how much sun i will get today.but right now its expected to be cloudy with t-storms expected this afternoon with highs in the 70s.but no chances for t-storms and heavy rains tonight,so it will be perfect tonight for fireworks spectaculars to be setoff tonight.its mostly cloudy,with light rain and mild outside.my air temps are 64.4 degrees,and my dewpoints temps are 63.5 degrees.my barometer is slowly rising at 29.97 in.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Jul 5 2008, 05:17 AM
Post #6

i dont think anyone couldve or would complain about the 4th of julys weather,because it was beautiful and coool outside.the weather wasnt hot and humid,nor was it was it chilly,the weather was just fine outside especially for all the people that went to the parade yesterday.i wasnt at the parade,but i did see some of it tv afterwards during the day,and it was cloudy with some breaks of sun with air temps in the lower 70s.but while i was home all day on the 4th,the sun came out from time to time during the afternoon,and after awhile the sun came out blazing and got real warm and humid.my air temps did go into the lower 80s,because i had a high of 83.5 degrees as of 430pm.it was during mid-late afternoon when it cleared off and became partly-mostly sunny and really warmed up outside.i was looking at the sat pic animation,i can see the frontal boundary to my south.then on radar,i can see alotta heavy rainfall hit western and central ct late last night into this morning,while it missed my area entirely.but i can see some rain is trying to head northward in northwest ct.i can also see some rain heading northeastward from central pa.so if that rain kept on going in this direction,then it could reach my area over the next several hours.i do have chances for t-storms and torrential downpours this morning and again this afternoon.the clouds have really increased in my area of the berkshires from my southeast,i know have mostly cloudy skys.i notice my winds changed direction from my west/northwest to now coming from my southeast.my air temps are 58.6 degrees,while my dewpoints are 55.2 degrees.my barometer is at exactly 30 inches.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Jul 5 2008, 04:20 PM
Post #7

well today has been a rather cloudy,dimsall afternoon.but i rather like it,i thought it was a beautiful day,because it wasnt stifling hot and humid with the hot blazing sunshine.but it still stayed rather comfortable today even though it was cloudy,it was still feeling muggy outside with some light rain and mist.but it looks like tomorrow and monday will also remain cloudy and muggy with air temps in the lower 70s with possible chances for t-storms and rain.but it looks like the cold front will come back as a warm front within 48hrs from now.so on tuesday will be hot and humid with hot blazing sunshine air temps reaching or exceeding 90 degrees.but it doesnt look like no heat wave is expected.then a push of cooler and less humid airmass ushers in here during wednesday into friday with air temps in the 70s.but air temps should quickly jump back into the 80s next weekend.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Jul 5 2008, 05:34 PM
Post #8

quick update.the low clouds are pushing outta the area.the skys are clearing,im seeing more and more sunshine now with air temps approaching 70 degrees.my highest air temps are now 69.6 degrees as of 627pm.im not sure how long the sun will stay out,because i still got a southeast wind flow with some more clouds coming from my southeast again.the mid and high clouds are moving east/northeast,while the low clouds are coming from my southeast.my air temps are 69.6 degrees,while my dewpoints are 65.5 degrees.my barometer is still exactly 30 inches,the same as it has been the past 12hrs.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Jul 6 2008, 03:59 PM
Post #9

i can certainly see alotta t-storms developing in the mid-atlantic states,i can see t-storms forming in east va and east carolinas heading northward up into philly.i also notice some pop up t-storms that developed over northeast berkshire county that headed northward up into southern vt and got better developed in that area.i can see some showers developing south of albany,but they dont seem to be holding together rather well,so its difficult to say if any t-storm activing will hit me during the remainder of this afternoon into this evening.so right now,the sun is out blazing,its been a sunny warm and humid day today with air temps in the mid 80s.i had a high 85.5 degrees as of 240pm.i had a low of 62.2 degrees as of 5am this morning.my air temps are 82.4 degrees,while my dewpoints are 67.5 degrees.my dewpoints are 30.03 in slowly rising

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Jul 8 2008, 04:17 AM
Post #10

well during the day today on monday was a rather very warm and humid day today with hot blazing sunshine increasing heat and humidity with high pressure over the northeast with highs in the mid-upper 80s.i had a high today of 88.5 degrees at 1pm monday afternoon,then the air temps stayed in the upper 80s thru 430pm.the air temps didnt finally start dropping back thru the 80s till after 5pm.i had mostly sunny skys all day with some towering dark cloud formations and breezy,i did see some storms forming on radar to my south and west,but none of them got in here in the berkshires with any t-storms and rain.the t-storms that were expected were in the mountainous area,i am in the mountainous area here in the berkshires and therefor i thought mid-late afternoon i wouldve been hit with t-storms.but it remained hot and sticky outside yesterday afternoon into the evening.its supposed to clear off tonight into tuesday morning with air temps dropping back into the lower 60s.so right now,i have clear skys with a morning low of 64.4 degrees,this is also my current air temps as of 510am.my dewpoints are 61.3 degrees,my barometer is slowly falling at 29.95 in.i was looking at the sat pics,and water vapor,so it looks like wall-wall to sunshine today with air temps reaching or exceeding 90 degrees with perhaps a chance for t-storms during mid-late afternoon if i happen to be one of the areas caught under one.i have amuch more significant chance for powerfull severe violent supercell t-storms and blinding tropical downpours,high dangerous battering winds,dangerous lightning during mid-late wednesday afternoon

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Jul 8 2008, 04:24 AM
Post #11

the nssl does have my area of eastern ny and western ma under a slight risk for severe storms wednesday afternoon for possible severe storms and damaging winds.so i have a chance for severe violent supercell t-storms with torrential rains,high dangerous battering winds,and dangerous lightning for mid-late wednesday afternoon.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Jul 8 2008, 04:39 PM
Post #12

today was certainly a very warm and humid day with blazing sunshine along with towering numerous dark cloud formations taking over the sky with no t-storm activity just yet.i had a high today of 85.5 degrees as of 1pm this afternoon.i been having alotta blazing sunshine today,and it certainly feels 4-5 times hotter in that blazing sunshine as soon you walk outside as it feels like 100 degrees.i have noticed once again this afternoon t-storm activity has begun to the west-south of me aswell as to the north of me,and so far none of t-storms and torrential downpours has made it into my area of the berkshires,but it certainly has clouded over pretty good since 345pm.but now as of 525pm,i can now see that the sun is trying to come back out again,so it will be partly sunny in a little while with the heat and humidity increasing again.my air temps are 81.3 degrees as of 528pm,while my dewpoints are 69.5 degrees.my barometer is falling slowly at 29.85 in.my air temps should be around 70 degrees tonight,so its going to be a sultry night.then sunny very warm and humid tomorrow with possible severe storms outbreak by mid afternoon with torrential blinding rains,high dangerous battering winds and dangerous lightning.its funny how some of the weather model runs were indicating bertha moving along the southern atlantic heading towards the southwest atlantic the past couple of days.but now all of a sudden the main hurricane model indicated bertha moving to north and east,this would put bertha on the east side of bermuda and then eventually go out to sea and head towards europe.for a moment,i did wonder if bertha wouldve went into the southwest atlantic and then head north up along the mid-atlantic coast into new england,if that had to be true,then it wouldve been atleast a week or so from now when it happens.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Jul 8 2008, 08:02 PM
Post #13

i was recently looking at the water vapor and ir sat,i can see 3 convection systems from oh to the central plains.1 mcs is working from oh into pa.then a 2nd mcs is working across southern great lakes,while the 3rs mcs in in the central plains as we speak.i dont see how its possible for any of these 3 mcs to make it in my area tonight into tomorrow morning,i dont even see the 1st mcs trying to move forward to the north in pa at this time.i guess im going to be missed by these mcs tonight into early tomorrow morning.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Jul 9 2008, 04:45 PM
Post #14

it sure was a warm and sultry one last night,then it finally cooled off after midnight into early this morning with air temps and dewpoints falling back into the lower 60s by this morning.then the sun comes out blazing today getting real hot and humid with air temps in the upper 80s into the lower 90s.my highest air temps were 92.4 degrees at 230pm this afternoon,while my dewpoints went to 72.5 degrees.so far today has certainly felt like the hottest day of the year,but it felt more like 110 degrees in the hot blazing sunshine.the nssl has my area under a slight risk for severe storms anytime between 2pm and 10pm.so far no strong or severe storms have hit my area,infact most of the strong storms that been forming have been forming to the north and northwest of my area heading east-northeast from stephentown ny area across the far northern part of the berkshires into southern vt.i have seen a batch of storms flare up just 45 mins up the street from here and went and pushed across near the border of ma and vt.i have certainly noticed alotta dark cloud formations building up pretty high in the sky since 2pm,i thought for awhile i was gonna get nailed,but the storms hit up above to my north.i need storms forming to my west/southwest over the mountain in eastern ny.so that these will push into my area of pittsfield in the berkshires.but i definitely had over 90% sunshine all day long today and its been like a sauna outside,so the sunshine was here for the t-storms.you should see how black the sky looks to my north up at northern berkshire,because its looking like some pretty big powerfull t-storms are up northern lanesborough and new ashford and williamstown while the sun is still out blazing here remaining hot and sultry outside with windy conditions.my air temps are 82.5 degrees,while my dewpoints are 72.4 degrees.my barometer is falling steadily at 29.69 in.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Jul 10 2008, 04:33 AM
Post #15

i was hit with some real good torrential blinding tropical rains wednesday evening.the rain started started at about 630pm,then it sounded like someone turned on a faucet and it literally poured outside and become really intense fat rain drops turning into a whiteout and i couldnt see no more than 10ft in front of me.i was being slammed by heavy duty tropical fat rain,i had a few rumbles of thunder,but it was mainly heavy drenching fat rain from 630pm into 745pm.it shows i picked up 1.77 inches of rain last night,so i almost got 2 inches of rain.i thought it was alot more rain than that from the way it poured so hard and heavy with those big fat rain drops.the cold front swept thru shortly after 11pm last night,so the cooler and less humid refreshing airmass is sweeping in here now.the airmas is so much cooler less humid and refreshing outside this morning with clear blue skys.my air temps are 58 degrees,while my dewpoints are 53.5 degrees.my barometer is rising steadily at 29.84 in.im expected to have sunshine today and tomorrow with air temps in the mid-upper 70s, and the next couple of nights down in the mid-upper 40s.then the heat and humidity quickly re-establishes itself during mid-late saturday morning,then getting hot and humid during the day as dewpoints go back to 70 degrees,and air temps up to 90 degrees.then saturday night will be a very warm sultry night with air temps down around 70.then hot blazing hot and humid all day long on sunday with severe storms late in the afternoon with air temps reaching 90 degrees.i was just wanted to add here that my air temps are falling,because they are now at 57.3 degrees,while my dewpoints are now at 53 degrees as of 533am

This post has been edited by apeaslee: Jul 10 2008, 04:36 AM

+Quote Post
DomNH
post Jul 10 2008, 07:54 PM
Post #16

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 11,976

This thread is closed for violating the 1 topic per storm rule. It is dealing with severe weather in MA and NY, which is already covered in our regional event threads. This user also has a personal weather discussion thread which he/she is allowed to post things like this in.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 03:34 PM