Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Screamers, Those game/movies that pop up and scream at you.
ironwood
post Jul 14 2008, 10:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 12,165

I have a huge hangup on these. I remember my first one. *cue wavy flash back* I had just gotten the internet at my house. I was familiar with most things on here, but not all. I went onto a website, and I was wathing a movie called "kiko" It was a hand drawn series of still frames and soft music playing in the back ground. In the sky on the movie, there were japanese characters written, so I had no idea what it was saying. I lean in close to hear the music better, and trying to figure out what it was about when BANG! A face pops up and a super loud blood curdling scream was heard. Of course I jumped back and closed out the screen. I walked around for a minute, trying to gather my bearings. I felt so betrayed. I had no idea there was stuff out there like that. To this day I'm suspicious of every movie, every email, everything. I'll Shrink the window down real small and turn the sound off on suspect emails, wait untill they are over I'll see if there is a face sitting there looking at me. It really did something to me. I've come across many more over the years, but I haven't been fooled lately. I want to know your experiences with these...horrible things.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wxdude1964
post Jul 14 2008, 10:38 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 14,395

QUOTE(ironwood @ Jul 14 2008, 11:32 PM) *
I have a huge hangup on these. I remember my first one. *cue wavy flash back* I had just gotten the internet at my house. I was familiar with most things on here, but not all. I went onto a website, and I was wathing a movie called "kiko" It was a hand drawn series of still frames and soft music playing in the back ground. In the sky on the movie, there were japanese characters written, so I had no idea what it was saying. I lean in close to hear the music better, and trying to figure out what it was about when BANG! A face pops up and a super loud blood curdling scream was heard. Of course I jumped back and closed out the screen. I walked around for a minute, trying to gather my bearings. I felt so betrayed. I had no idea there was stuff out there like that. To this day I'm suspicious of every movie, every email, everything. I'll Shrink the window down real small and turn the sound off on suspect emails, wait untill they are over I'll see if there is a face sitting there looking at me. It really did something to me. I've come across many more over the years, but I haven't been fooled lately. I want to know your experiences with these...horrible things.

This face you saw for the first time Ironwood- it wasn't ph34r.gif was it?!?! laugh.gif

--------------------
Snowfall 2007-2008 season-11.4 inches
Snowfall 2008-2009 season-13.1 inches
Snowfall 2009-2010 season-68.6 inches
Snowfall 2010-2011 season-19.5 inches
Snowfall 2011-2012 season-16.5 inches.
Snowfall 2012-2013 season-25.9 inches.
Snowfall 2013-2014 season-41.1 inches.

+Quote Post
ironwood
post Jul 14 2008, 10:39 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 12,165

QUOTE(wxdude1964 @ Jul 14 2008, 10:38 PM) *
This face you saw for the first time Ironwood- it wasn't ph34r.gif was it?!?! laugh.gif

Hm....No, I'd never fear the ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Naught_Wright
post Jul 15 2008, 05:48 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 14,921

QUOTE(ironwood @ Jul 14 2008, 08:39 PM) *
Hm....No, I'd never fear the ph34r.gif

But would you fear the Reaper? The Church of the Azure Mollusk sys you shouldn't!

On-tpoic, I've never seen a "Screamer," unless you count horror movies, in which case too many to count!

--------------------
You do not know me, but I am a juvenile delinquent. I do not trust authority figures, I probably will not graduate from high school, and statistics say my present rowdiness and vandalism will likely lead to more serious crimes. I am a dangerous fellow, and I am causing mayhem in this store. *pulls three jars of baby food from the top shelf, shoves them behind a box of macaroni, shuffles the Cheez Whiz in front of the Marshmallow Fluff, and tosses a bag of lady's shavers onto a bag of hamburger buns* There. I have now shamelessly destroyed the symmetry of this shelf, undoing hours of labor by underpaid store employees. If you could see me, you would be frightened.

+Quote Post
bcw123
post Jul 15 2008, 07:19 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 14,184

LOL the same thing happened to me.. except it was a picture of a room, and it said something like "look for the ghost in the room" then like the face of the girl from the exorcist popped up and it was a bloodcurdling scream. haha i was so mad.

--------------------
"Every book is a children's book if the kid can read." -Mitch Hedberg

+Quote Post
SEMIweather
post Jul 15 2008, 07:29 AM
Post #6

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 14,772

Haha all the times I've seen screamers I've been with a group of people so it wasn't that scary but I'm sure if I was alone and had the sound turned up on my computer I'd freak out.

--------------------
University of Oklahoma Meteorology Major - Class of 2014

Follow me on Twitter.

+Quote Post
I-95blizzard
post Jul 15 2008, 05:08 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 13,770

If there's a comment section, read it first.

--------------------
Lead forecaster for Foot's Forecast SE PA Team
Follow my forecasts for eastern PA on Twitter and Facebook

+Quote Post
robofishvselvis
post Jul 16 2008, 09:05 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 14,471

The one that really got me was a "freaky car comercial" which featured a car slowly drinving around country hillsides for thirty seconds while classical music plays in the background. Then a zombie jumps out from the bottom of the screen screaming, it freaked me out, my volume was near maximum as the rest of the commercial was relatively quiet...

There are some pretty funny reaction videos to those if you search youtube. They are a lot more fun to watch...

--------------------
He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.

-Douglas Adams

+Quote Post
TheWatch
post Jul 27 2008, 12:51 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 13,836

QUOTE(robofishvselvis @ Jul 16 2008, 07:05 AM) *
The one that really got me was a "freaky car comercial" which featured a car slowly drinving around country hillsides for thirty seconds while classical music plays in the background. Then a zombie jumps out from the bottom of the screen screaming, it freaked me out, my volume was near maximum as the rest of the commercial was relatively quiet...

There are some pretty funny reaction videos to those if you search youtube. They are a lot more fun to watch...

hehe I've got to go look that up now.

yeah I hate screamers too. After I get one my nerves are all jangled. Then I contemplate revenge on whatever lame friend sent it to me... that always makes me feel better.

--------------------
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

--Albert Einstein--

+Quote Post
Not Firewalled
post Sep 17 2009, 08:20 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 18,678

I usually have my speakers on mute, so they don't bother me.

My son loves to be scared. My brother put one of those videos on when he was about 3. He was sitting on my brother's lap, happy as a clam, watching the video...when it scared the ever loving poo out of him. I think he tried to run up my brother's face. When all was said and done, he turned to my brother and asked him to do it again. laugh.gif

--------------------
"Bees make honey....Do earwigs make chutney? Do spiders make gravy?"

+Quote Post
Az-Beast
post Sep 17 2009, 08:50 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 18,720

I got my cousin with one like that and she actually cried. It was one where it's set up as a game where you have to guide the cursor thru a maze w/o touching the side walls. well once u get to like level 5 or something the walls get really tight, making my cousin have to get up closer to the screen so she could see it better, then all of a sudden, ARRGGH(Freaky Exorcist face pops up). We also had turned the speakers to max just b4, Lol, classic prank

--------------------

+Quote Post
Az-Beast
post Sep 17 2009, 08:51 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 18,720

QUOTE(robofishvselvis @ Jul 16 2008, 08:05 AM) *

Lol, my ex girlfriend got me with this one, not cool.

--------------------

+Quote Post
athensga
post Sep 17 2009, 09:20 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 16,703

QUOTE(Az-Beast @ Sep 17 2009, 10:50 PM) *
I got my cousin with one like that and she actually cried. It was one where it's set up as a game where you have to guide the cursor thru a maze w/o touching the side walls. well once u get to like level 5 or something the walls get really tight, making my cousin have to get up closer to the screen so she could see it better, then all of a sudden, ARRGGH(Freaky Exorcist face pops up). We also had turned the speakers to max just b4, Lol, classic prank

Played that game before, freaked me out at first but now it's like a funny prank I pull on my friends it's hilarious. There's a video i don't remember exactly what, that's sorta got a banshee or something that just pops up after a while that'll scare you half to death.

--------------------
Live by the models and die by the models,
its a crazy place to be with a big storm

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_OHweather2_*
post Sep 17 2009, 09:22 PM
Post #14

Guests

I saw this thread and thought Ironwood came back. Then I realized it was an old thread sad.gif

+Quote Post
SFhyph
post Sep 17 2009, 09:28 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 18,192

first time i seen one of these was the one with the car driving in the mountians lol! It was ugh not cool! i freaked out and feel out my chair. I showed it to my sister while she was in class and she screamed in front of everyone.

--------------------
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assalent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven". Such is the Rule of Honor.

+Quote Post
athensga
post Sep 17 2009, 09:39 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 16,703

QUOTE(SFhyph @ Sep 17 2009, 11:28 PM) *
first time i seen one of these was the one with the car driving in the mountians lol! It was ugh not cool! i freaked out and feel out my chair. I showed it to my sister while she was in class and she screamed in front of everyone.

Yeah that's the one, it's fun to see other people's reaction sometimes laugh.gif

--------------------
Live by the models and die by the models,
its a crazy place to be with a big storm

+Quote Post
SFhyph
post Sep 17 2009, 09:46 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 18,192

haha yeah it is lol! I like showing people and seen what they do.

--------------------
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assalent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven". Such is the Rule of Honor.

+Quote Post
kab2791
post Sep 17 2009, 10:48 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 16,278

laugh.gif I have a story for this topic. so about 4 years ago, I've just received new glasses. I was curious to see how I would perform on an online vision test. After playing around with that, I noticed a link for a color blind vision test. So I thought, "Ok I'll make sure I'm not colorblind." Anyways, I had to read numbers that were colored slightly differently from a differnt colored backgroud. Some of these pictures, you have to look close to the screen to see the color difference. Well, that's what I did, and when my face was practically pressed up against the screen, a woman with a grotesque, bloddy face pops up out of nowhere and screams at the top of her lungs at my face. I got to tell you, I screamed so loud that my brother in my backyard heard me. Almost scared the *bleep* out of me, almost! laugh.gif

Lesson learned, don't try online color vision tests anymore! dry.gif wink.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
University of Detroit Mercy Math Minor 2009-2011
Central Michigan University Meteorology Major, GIS Minor

DTW Stats:
2011 Number of 90F+ days: 19
Max Temp: 100F (7/21)

+Quote Post
harum-scarum
post Sep 18 2009, 12:06 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 18,048

The other day I was looking fo one to show my roommate's friend's kid. When I found one he didnt do anything. I was so disappointed bc he's only 3.

--------------------
"Curiouser and curiouser!"
Kiss me baby I am SnowWhite sleeping in a coffin, waiting for you.
Here I am a rabbit hearted girl.
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Don't Panic

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st November 2014 - 01:14 AM