Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Think I am Going to stop posting here for awhile
forpetessake
post Jul 29 2008, 09:31 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 14,030

It's becoming more and more frustrating for me here lately. None of my posts go answered. Perhaps, I am not smart enough with the weather, I dont know.

I have a passion for weather and I come here to ask questions and discuss weather like the rest of us, but when no one ever responds, as least 98% of the time over the past month.....well it makes one wonder, what's the point.

I am not quitting you guys, as I will come back and check on the weather, but I will just read other people's posts, and I doubt I will ask anymore questions.

I know I am still a newbie....and maybe that's why. sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SnowMan11
post Jul 29 2008, 10:33 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 14,017

Don't stop posting because no one answers your posts. The same thing happened to me when I was a newbie. Just stay here. wink.gif

--------------------
LETS GO METS

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_Bl1zzard_*
post Jul 29 2008, 11:25 AM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE(forpetessake @ Jul 29 2008, 10:31 AM) *
It's becoming more and more frustrating for me here lately. None of my posts go answered. Perhaps, I am not smart enough with the weather, I dont know.

I have a passion for weather and I come here to ask questions and discuss weather like the rest of us, but when no one ever responds, as least 98% of the time over the past month.....well it makes one wonder, what's the point.

I am not quitting you guys, as I will come back and check on the weather, but I will just read other people's posts, and I doubt I will ask anymore questions.

Don't worry about it. Some people are just more intent on posting every single severe warning, watch and report. Stick around a while. I don't post that much anymore, but I do look through it every now and then. When you've got something important to mention or share, by all means post it, I'm sure you'll get responses. As to trying to get people's opinions on whether storms will hit you and at what time, use the noaa website or the spc page, both of them will probably be more accurate than will most of the people on here. I think the good discussion will start back up about the time it starts snowing. Snowstorms are much more predictable than is severe weather.

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_wfreeck_*
post Jul 29 2008, 12:24 PM
Post #4

Guests

Heh, our top poster has been on here about as long as you (you know who I'm talking about wink.gif). laugh.gif

I think the problem is the lack of traffic. I try to answer people's question when I can, but it's like a ghost town around here. I feel like I'm talking to myself.

The slowness also turns me away (and I'm sure others) from doing any heavy posting.

Sorry if you feel ignored. sad.gif

+Quote Post
missmarisa
post Jul 29 2008, 05:40 PM
Post #5

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 11,489

Please don't stop posting!!!

I'm not very weather savvy (although I'm much better with winter weather than summer weather!!) one thing that helped me was using the Private Messaging (PM) system. When I had a question that wasn't being answered, I'd pm someone who knew a little more than me. I know you aren't from the NE, but there are plenty of knowledgeable weather guys who I am certain wouldn't mind if you have a question, and you pm'd them rather than posting it on the board...and it is a better chance they would see it, too!!

We also have a fantastic moderating team....and any of them are very weather savvy....I know they would be happy to help you...all you have to do is send one a pm and ask! As Bl1zzard said....if you are posting to ask about weather conditions for your specific area, definitely go to NOAA for that information. If you don't know how to access the forecast discussions, just ask!!! (send me a pm, I'll guide you through it...someone was kind enough to do that for me once!!) But any technical questions, or weather questions, never be afraid to contact our moderators!!

And, as always, the EE is here...maybe not for weather per sea, but we will always answer a post, and show you some love!! wink.gif

Hope to see you around the forums!!! I remember you from the winter....it's nice to see you on!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_starsinmysky_*
post Jul 29 2008, 05:42 PM
Post #6

Guests

Don't be so hard on yourself. It happens to the best of us. All the newbies get ignored at first. You need to start to get to know people like I have. It's much easier that way. It has been very slow here and I think sometimes I am talking to myself. The wintertime has much more traffic. Don't stop asking questions. If you have questions, you should PM someone you are comfortable with. I have developed friendships with people here and you should try and do the same. It takes time my friend. Don't give up. Keep asking questions and keep posting, you will soon see that members answer you. It bothers me you feel that way. Make yourself known. smile.gif You ever need to talk, PM me.

+Quote Post
mmi16
post Jul 30 2008, 03:39 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 13,204

People on vacation have better things to do the while away their vacations posting on message forums. When everyone gets back in their normal work a day routines things will pick up.

--------------------
Never too old to have a happy childhood!

Don't put an age limit on your dreams!

+Quote Post
SEMIweather
post Jul 30 2008, 07:36 AM
Post #8

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 14,772

wfreeck and Bl1zzard are both right, no one really posts much in the Great Lakes severe weather threads, and when they do, it's usually severe weather warnings and not actually trying to start a discussion about the storm system. Therefore I haven't been posting much either. I assume once winter storm season starts back up then people will come back here, because winter storms are (in my opinion) easier to make forecasts for than severe storms.

I also think that the forum slowness has driven some people away from posting as much as they would otherwise.

--------------------
University of Oklahoma Meteorology Major - Class of 2014

Follow me on Twitter.

+Quote Post
forpetessake
post Jul 30 2008, 07:41 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 14,030

Thanks everyone. I will stick around. You guys are right. I guess I was just not my normal self yesterday. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Maw
post Jul 30 2008, 03:47 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 12,971

Heck Pete, I've been around a while and I still get ignored. They think I'll go away if they ignore me, BUT I WON'T!! tongue.gif

I just talk to the little voices in my head when I don't get a response. They're always real nice to me. blink.gif

--------------------
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Rather it should be to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand and the Good Book in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"

+Quote Post
Chicago Storm
post Jul 30 2008, 10:07 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 13,697

For pete sakes, don't go! We need more people on here in the summer, as it is quite boring. This forum slowness isn't helping any either...... dry.gif . Can't wait till winter to have this place booming again, and have the arguments. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Chicago Storm: Jul 30 2008, 10:08 PM

+Quote Post
SnowMan11
post Jul 30 2008, 11:50 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 14,017

QUOTE(forpetessake @ Jul 30 2008, 08:41 AM) *
Thanks everyone. I will stick around. You guys are right. I guess I was just not my normal self yesterday. laugh.gif

Good to hear.
wink.gif

--------------------
LETS GO METS

+Quote Post
Hulk
post Jul 31 2008, 11:25 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 14,848

I know 0 to nothing about the weather. I have been trying to search for some good newbie guides, but it seems no one has made one tongue.gif I tend to just browse around the everything else section while i'm at work. I don't really get to post much, as I am really busy working. But just letting you all know i'm here and watching you unsure.gif

+Quote Post
TheWatch
post Aug 5 2008, 04:30 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 13,836

QUOTE(forpetessake @ Jul 29 2008, 07:31 AM) *

I know what you mean, I posted a very well meaning topic and question in the Astronomy section once and immediately got my head bitten off, otherwise, no response. That's one reason I hang around the EE so much. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

--Albert Einstein--

+Quote Post
weatherwonder
post Aug 6 2008, 05:48 AM
Post #15

From: Scituate, MA 20 miles south of Boston (on the coast)
Member No.: 13,156

I've been a member for a while and my questions and responses are often ignored. That is a big reason why Im not around as much as I used to be. Try joining a weather gan....I mean "team". You get to put a cool banner in your posts. Pretty soon 75% of the moderators are going back to school so things will be crazy for a while. This forum is much different in the winter. Time will tell if the weather "teams" can keep control of the forums in the winter months. Either way sit back and do some reading. This forum has quit a bit of info on it. Dont worry about the people who act to high and mighty to answer your questions, many people are nice and helpful.

+Quote Post
Tornado Boy
post Aug 6 2008, 11:11 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 13,528

QUOTE(forpetessake @ Jul 29 2008, 09:31 AM) *

The dramatic goodbye thread, LOL. But seriously, who cares if you don't know much about weather. I know very little myself man. I am a spotter and long-time chaser with some Emergency Management experience. That is about it. I am not big on the terms and such, its all about learning. Everyone is a n00b once. If a so called "professional" treats you like they're better than them, then make it your goal in life to mess with them because thats what they need.

--------------------
I have left this account. I have deleted my email. I am going to the woods. I will see you in time.

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_wfreeck_*
post Aug 6 2008, 11:31 PM
Post #17

Guests

I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but if you want your weather question asked specifically & quicker, just PM whoever you want to answer that question.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 01:15 PM