Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

66 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Upstate New York DiScussion Thread, Talk About Weather In Upstate New York
Removed_Member_snowmaninbuffalo_*
post Oct 6 2008, 06:26 PM
Post #21

Guests

QUOTE(apeaslee @ Oct 6 2008, 06:09 PM) *
well this airmass thats been ushering in here this afternoon has certainly been feeling alot like a winter airmass,this is certainly feeling like the coldest airmass so far this season.i have pretty good chances for hard frosts tonight into tomorrow morning,then again tuesday night into wednesday morning.so i need clear skys,calm conditions for the air temps to plunge tonight and tomorrow night.i picked up a quick 0.25 quarter of an inch of rain earlier today.then the sun came out blazing by early afternoon,and its been sunny all day long,it looks as though the winds are beginning to calm down recently,so i should have calm winds after sunset and especially during this evening into tonight and through tomorrow with clear skys and my air temps should drop near 28 degrees.but see,i need my air temps to be around 29-30 degrees by 11pm or shortly there after,so that ways it will be 28 degrees by midnight.then between midnight-6am will be the coldest part of the night and early morning hours,therefor its 28 degrees by midnight,and it will be 28 degrees or lower from midnight-6am with a real good hard frost.but if this doesnt happen,then i wont see a hard frost at all tonight into tomorrow morning,and my growing season will still continue or my growing season is all over an done with by 6am tomorrow morning.but what will really end the growing season everywhere is a hard freeze with air temps between 17-22 degrees from 10pm thru 7am.but it sure does look like a pretty good jump in air temps thursday and friday with air temps into the 70s.my air temps are 46.2 degrees as of 611pm,while my dewpoints are 37.5 degrees and clear skys
Air temps here as of 825pm are 39.4 degrees IMBY and 42.6 degrees at a weather bug station about 4 miles away.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 6 2008, 11:02 PM
Post #22

Group: Member
Member No.: 14,376

QUOTE(snowmaninbuffalo @ Oct 6 2008, 08:26 PM) *
Air temps here as of 825pm are 39.4 degrees IMBY and 42.6 degrees at a weather bug station about 4 miles away.

oh really,wow,it sure looks like your gonna have a good frost tonight into tomorrow morning.i would imagine that frost will start settling in after 11pm and midnight.i think i just might get hit with frost aswell,because im just about to start having frost at any moment with my air temps at 32 degrees as of 104am

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 6 2008, 11:13 PM
Post #23

i have clear skys,calm conditions for the past several hours,infact since 7pm,and my air temps been falling ever since.i was seeing if i had any frost outside after i put a few chunks of wood in the woodstove since i awakened a little while ago,but it was to difficult to notice if i had frost just yet,so it still looks like heavy dew outside.but it looks like pretty soon,i should be having my first frost of the season.im not sure if this frost would be enough to end the growing season,because you really need widespread hard frost to really zap everything.i have had so much of what i had in my garden,plus in my yard and woods all the trees,different flowers and flower beds and such that have all made it thru the first and 2nd frost over the past 28yrs.so maybe tomorrow night into wednesday morning,i will have a much better chance for a widespread hard frost.i can certainly see huge plumes of steam coming off of the river down off the side of my yard.my air temps were 32.9 degrees a couple of minutes ago,but now my air temps are 32.4 degrees as of 115am,while my dewpoints are 28.2 degrees

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 7 2008, 03:42 AM
Post #24

it seems as though i had alotta moisture in the air,because my airmass became more and more saturated as time went overnight into the early morning hours of this morning.the air temps and dewpoints are the same,im having dense fog outside as we speak.i was beginning to wonder just how much my air temps were going to fall overnight into this morning,because i happen to notice on doppler radar how moisture rich it was outside,therefor would prevent the air temps from falling to where they couldve been this morning.so as it turns out,the airmass is saturated,and fog is forming outside.my air temps are 32.1 degrees and dewpoints are 31.5 degrees as of 545am

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 7 2008, 04:48 AM
Post #25

i think the fog that i was seeing awhile ago was from the river,because pontoosuc lake is only a minute drive up the street from,the water comes over the dam and spillway and gate comes rushing by house in the matter of seconds.i assume,the water temps are probably in the 50-55 degree range,i can see huge plumes of steam coming off the water up into the air,and all of sudden 10-15 minutes later it would look like a low cloud and fog was forming.so it was the steam from the river that formed plumes of what looked like fog overhead and down to the ground all over my front yard,side yard,the garden,up and down my driveway and generally 100 ft area.but the skys are clear,the air is calm.my air temps are 30.5 degrees as of 643am,while my dewpoints are 27 degrees.i am being hit with scattered frost about the area,its not a widespread hard frost,its just frost in certain areas of the front yard,side yard,back yard and down in the open woods.but the vehicles are covered in pretty good frost.so with a blanket over the tomotoes,they are still safe this morning since its only a scattered frost.the peas,peppers and squash and onions are all picked now,dont have to worry about them or the swisscharge since it grows best this time of year.so it looks like my growing season will survive for one more day depending on how cold we get tonight into tomorrow morning,because all the different kinds of flowers and such are still growing strong.i can see my air temps are now 30.1 degrees as of 649am,while my dewpoints are 26.6 degrees,so far these are the coldest readings so far this season with a scattered frost

+Quote Post
post Oct 7 2008, 04:56 AM
Post #26

Guests

It is 29.9 degrees here in Amherst. Lot's of frost too. Not too sure if it ended the growing season here.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 7 2008, 04:46 PM
Post #27

QUOTE(snowmaninbuffalo @ Oct 7 2008, 06:56 AM) *
It is 29.9 degrees here in Amherst. Lot's of frost too. Not too sure if it ended the growing season here.

oh really,it sure sounds like it got a bit chilly in your neck of the woods just outside of the berkshires.im probably an hour or more drive to the west of you,i was hit with frost this morning,but it didnt become a killing hard frost where it ended my growing seaon,because alotta different kinds of flowers and certain foods still in the garden kept on surviving today.i wonder if hadley still has that farmers market still going there today,because they were still bringing in corn to people who sell alot of garden variety here in pittsfield,lanesborough and cheshire and other citys

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 7 2008, 04:53 PM
Post #28

my air temps never did drop any lower than 30.1 degrees this morning with scattered frost,but my growing season still continues in some respect.but i did notice several trees got hit,my tomotoes,squash and others wouldnt of made it this morning if they wernt covered or brought inside.the sun came out blazing today,the air temps recovered into the mid 50s.the sky is clear,i have calm conditions,it looks like a good night for the air temps to have a free fall into the 20s tonight with a real good hard frost.my air temps are 47.5 degrees as of 654pm,while my dewpoints are 32.4 degrees

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 8 2008, 06:29 AM
Post #29

last night sure was a cold one,the air temps sure did drop like a rock after sunset.you know,as a matter of fact,when i did my last writing here last night,that was when my sunset was happening,and all of a sudden the air temps dropped like a rock.so some of the model runs were indicating air temps around 26-32 degrees for my area this morning.well,as it turns out,some of the weather model runs did nail it,while other model runs missed it by a few degrees.but this time around,i had dense fog come in here at 4am,the dense fog lasted till 8am with visibility reduced to a quarter mile.but during the past 25 minutes,the dense fog has really burned off,and lifted off and moved away as the sun comes out blazing.i did have scattered frost again this morning,i didnt have a widespread hard frost or a widespread hard freeze.so my growing season hasnt been wiped out for the season,it hasnt ended at all.my growing season still continues today and most likely will for another week.my air temps dropped to 31.3 degrees at 4am this morning for a morning low.my air temps right now are 34 degrees as of 830am,while my dewpoints are 28.5 degrees.im expected to have mostly sunny skys today with air temps in the mid 60s,so it should be a real beautiful pleasantly mild day today.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 8 2008, 04:36 PM
Post #30

today was a real beautiful day with hot blazing sunshine as air temps went into the upper 60s,i almost reached and exceeded 70 degrees.my air temps reached 68.5 degrees at 140pm this afternoon.but i tell you what,it sure did feel alot warmer in that blazing sunshine.i was having 100% sunshine from 8am this morning into 3pm this afternoon,the clouds been overspreading the area for the past 3.5hrs.i can see on sat pic imagery animation with a frontal boundry heading my way,and moderate rain moving towards albany,nassau and pittsfield tonight.the rain should be overspreading the area during 9-11pm with moderate rain into tomorrow morning.my air temps are 56.6 degrees as of 638pm,while my dewpoints are 39.3 degrees.

This post has been edited by apeaslee: Oct 8 2008, 04:37 PM

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 9 2008, 12:18 AM
Post #31

the moderate-heavy rain came in a few hours ago with a pretty good drenching outside during the first batch of rain that came thru.then the 2nd batch of moderat-heavy rains has been hitting me for awhile now,but it looks like this 2nd batch of rain is gonna be over and done with by 3am the latest.so the rain that was expected to last another 7hrs or so from now,it now looks like the majority of the moderate-heavy rains will be over and done with by 3am.but one thing,i have noticed tonight into the overnight hours is,i noticed how much milder it is outside and now inside as it almost feels tropical outside.my air temps are 50.6 degrees as of 220am this morning,while my dewpoints are 44.6 degrees with moderate-heavy rain falling outside

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 9 2008, 04:42 AM
Post #32

backdoor cold fronts can sometimes ruin the beautiful weather thats expected for the area.so what do you know,the weather models hinting at this possible backdoor cold front coming down from north monday night into tuesday morning.so it looks more and more like its possible now since the models are in good agreement,and it does seem reasonable to happen.but if no backdoor happens,then the air temps will return back into the 70s tuesday and wednesday next week.the frontal system that came through the area last night into this morning has already launched through the area with its precipitation,then flew outta here pretty fast,the clouds looked like they were cruising along at 50-65mph when looking at the sky.i took a look at the sat pics and radar,the system has cleared the area,so has the light-moderate rain.so the rest the light rain thats been falling during the past 3.5hrs,this is what was being rung out from the moist air.but pretty soon clearing skys will be coming into albany,nassau into pittsfield during mid-late morning and this afternoon with alotta sunshine as air temps approach or exceed 70 degrees.my air temps are 53.4 degreesas of 645am,while my dewpoints are 49.6 degrees sortve feeling tropical outside

+Quote Post
post Oct 9 2008, 06:09 AM
Post #33

Guests

QUOTE(apeaslee @ Oct 7 2008, 06:46 PM) *
oh really,it sure sounds like it got a bit chilly in your neck of the woods just outside of the berkshires.im probably an hour or more drive to the west of you,i was hit with frost this morning,but it didnt become a killing hard frost where it ended my growing seaon,because alotta different kinds of flowers and certain foods still in the garden kept on surviving today.i wonder if hadley still has that farmers market still going there today,because they were still bringing in corn to people who sell alot of garden variety here in pittsfield,lanesborough and cheshire and other citys

Your certainly more than an hour west of me.Amherst is 5 minutes away from Buffalo so theres no way that you can get from MA to WNY in an hours lol. If you live in MA then your about 7 hours EAST of me laugh.gif

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 10 2008, 03:03 PM
Post #34

QUOTE(snowmaninbuffalo @ Oct 9 2008, 08:09 AM) *
Your certainly more than an hour west of me.Amherst is 5 minutes away from Buffalo so theres no way that you can get from MA to WNY in an hours lol. If you live in MA then your about 7 hours EAST of me laugh.gif

your absolutely correct,i realize there is another amherst besides the one to my east,your also in amherst to the west of me over in the buffalo area near the niagara falls area almost in canada.i would say you are probably a good 7hrs drive to the west of me.this was very funny.i took a look at the google maps,i cant believe how many citys across the usa mimick other city names in other states.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 10 2008, 03:11 PM
Post #35

what a beautiful day yesterday was,i had 100%sunshine all day thursday with air temps at 68 degrees,but it sure did feel warmer than that in the hot blazing sunshine.i have some cooler weather that came in here last night and throught today,so my air temps dropped back to 42 degrees early this morning,then my air temps recovered to 66 degrees this afternoon with alot sunshine all day long with breezy conditions.but both saturday,sunday and monday look even better with 100% sunshine,air temps for tomorrow look to reach or exceed 70 degrees,and then reach or exceed 75 degrees sunday afternoon,and reach and exceed 80 degrees monday afternoon.i will say 73 degrees on saturday afternoon,then 78 degrees on sunday afternoon,then 83 degrees on monday afternoon.my air temps right now are 64.6 degrees as of 513pm,while my dewpoints are 42.2 degrees

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 12 2008, 04:50 PM
Post #36

it sure has been a beautiful weekend,i been having 100% sunshine all day,friday,saturday and now sunday.my air temps were in the upper 60s on friday afternoon,then the air temps fell all the way down to 36.4 degrees at 6am saturday morning.i had sunny,pleasantly mild weather with breezy conditions all day saturday with a high of 73.5 degrees at 140pm.my air temps dropped like a rock saturday night into sunday morning with a low this morning of 33.3 degrees at 540am.i had 100% sunshine all day long,the sun was feeling hotter and hotter during the day as if as though it was in the mid-upper 80s outside.but my actually high today was 73.5 degrees once again at 1250pm.i have clear skys,calm conditions with air temps at 56.4 degrees as of 650pm.my air temps are expected to fall back near 40 degrees by tomorrow morning.then blazing sunshine all day long tomorrow with air temps 75 to possibly 80 degrees,i think i might actually break 80 degrees come tuesday afternoon.

+Quote Post
post Oct 12 2008, 08:33 PM
Post #37

Guests

The heat is definitely on over the next few days but then get your hoodies and sweaters out cause it will get chilly laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 13 2008, 03:50 PM
Post #38

QUOTE(snowmaninbuffalo @ Oct 12 2008, 10:33 PM) *
The heat is definitely on over the next few days but then get your hoodies and sweaters out cause it will get chilly laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

you aint kidding,a pretty good chill down is coming by end of the week into the weekend that looks like the first real cold airmass of the season.but alot of the cold airmass is gonna modify by the time it gets here,because its already taken a few days already to push eastward and its still sitting in the same area today.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 13 2008, 04:02 PM
Post #39

so as i looked at the water vapor and sat pics this morning,i can already see the low and frontal boundrys coming thru the great lakes ever so slowly in its forward speen,because its being blocked by the high pressure system building its ridge in the northeast these past few days while the air temps recovered 5-10 degrees better each day than from the previous day.so with this system in the great lake,the clouds overspread the area from morning into afternoon and all day long,therefor i didnt have 100% sunshine today,i didnt have even 20 or 30% sun today.the sun did come out finally at 3pm into 430pm,but it was only breaks of sun and didnt last long,then it remained cloudy.but i can see and notice now that clouds are breaking up alot better now than the way it was earlier when it was mostly cloudy.so my air temps bottomed out at 38.5 degrees at 430am this morning.then my air temps recovered pretty good back into the mid 60s even though it was mostly cloudy all day long,if i had sun my air temps probably wouldve went into the mid 70s.my air temps reached 66.6 degrees for a high at 220pm this afternoon.it looks like the skys were clear off tonight with air temps dropping back into the lower 40s,then plenty of sunshine for tuesday as air temps rebound into the mid-upper 70s.my air temps are 60.5 degrees as of 604pm,while my dewpoints are 51.2 degrees.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 15 2008, 03:20 AM
Post #40

today was another cloudy one,i didnt have hardly any sunshine till 3pm in the mid afternoon.i took a look around,my fall foliage is now at 75% peak colors.so it definitely looks like this weekend will be total fall foliage colors at 100% peak colors and it should be spectacular with all the different bright colors.my air temps went to 68.5 degrees once again today,so this makes it 3 days in a row now at exactly 68.5 degrees

+Quote Post

66 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 11:55 AM