Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

66 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Upstate New York DiScussion Thread, Talk About Weather In Upstate New York
apeaslee
post Oct 27 2008, 03:33 PM
Post #61

Group: Member
Member No.: 14,376

the potential exists for a blockbuster nor'easter for albany into pittsfield,especially here in the berkshires.some of the model runs are having problems handling the direction of the low pressure system,i dont think its gonna track up thru the connecticut river valley,because its rare for nor'easters to take this track.so if you take a look at most tracks of nor'easters the past 35yrs,you can see for yourself that the nor'easter explodes with explosive strength and intensity off the mid-atlantic coast and up off of the new jersey coast.then the nor'easter heads northeast tracking south just off the coast of long island,ny.as the nor'easter heads for cape cod and the gulf of maine,but sometimes nor'easter have went thru eastern ct and over providence,ri.but the berkshires into albany were always on the northwest side of the nor'easters with cold airmass in place with abundance of moisture coming in here off the atlantic dumping upwards of 2ft of snow.the cold front is on top of albany and western ma in pittsfield and the berkshires,then eventually the cold front will sweep thru and usher in the coldest airmass of the season so far tonight into thursday.my air temps did make it 57.5 degrees today,but during the past hour,my air temps have dropped 7 degrees and its getting more and more windy outside and feeling colder even though i dont think the cold front has pushed thru yet,because it looks like the cold frontal passage in an hour or so from now.then the colder airmass pushes in here tonight into thursday morning,then the front stalls to the south of here,then a low pressure system develops over the cold front off the mid-atlantic coast,then pushes north/northeastward and move up off along the new jersey coast and then head northeastward and pushes over eastern long island,ny and up thru providence,ri and cape cod and into the gulf of maine.so what ever rain that begins late tonight or early tomorrow morning will quickly change over to wet snow,we will have moderate-heavy wet snow during the afternoon.but by nightfall on tuesday as more colder airmass spreads into the area,the wet snow will become regular fluffy snow as air temps first in the mid 30s,then fall into the low-mid 20s tuesday afternoon into tuesday night and wednesday morning with heavy snows mid-late tuesday afternoon into noontime wednesday with 7 inches of snow or more expected.then with the cold airmass in place for wednesday thru the weekend,the snow will stick on the ground for awhile.my air temps are 50.1 degrees as of 535pm,while my dewpoints are 38 degrees
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kdubbz
post Oct 27 2008, 04:24 PM
Post #62

Member No.: 12,090

So even albany is going to get somthing? at 320 feet elevation I dont think we will get to much snow, mostly rain.

--------------------
Albany Snowfall to date: 15inches as of 12/27/10

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 28 2008, 06:47 AM
Post #63

QUOTE(kdubbz @ Oct 27 2008, 06:24 PM) *
So even albany is going to get somthing? at 320 feet elevation I dont think we will get to much snow, mostly rain.

it was a difficult situation to call of where the cold front will align itself,because the model runs were showing one thing,then showing another situation.but i notice some were correct that showed this weather situation that im seeing this morning and especially ever since yesterday afternoon.but it will eventually snow in albany,it will eventually snow here in pittsfield when the stubborn cold front finally passes thru the area.this is one weird cold front,i cant believe how much its bobbling back and forth from west to east,then east to west last night and this morning.i got a pretty good southeast fetch off of the western atlantic,so im on the mild side of this deal with moderate-heavy rain.its not that mild outside,its just mild enough where im getting cold rain.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 28 2008, 06:52 AM
Post #64

so far the cold front doesnt seem to wanna pass thru albany,nassau and pittsfield for some unknown reason last night this morning.because usually when a cold is heading for your area,the cold front wouldve slammed thru here late yesterday afternoon,then much colder airmass wouldve filtered in here last night into today that wouldve changed the moderate-heavy rains over to heavy snow and therefor i shouldve been having heavy snow right now.but the cold front has been one lobsided frontal boundry that wont make up its might for petesakes,its been bobbling back and forth from west to east,then east to west last night into this morning.the cold front almost made it thru my area,but then pushed back to the west again.so i have heavy rain outside with air temps at 43 degrees,while my dewpoints are 39 degrees

+Quote Post
shaunalbany
post Oct 28 2008, 06:56 AM
Post #65

Member No.: 12,526

Its snowing like crazy 15 miles west of my office in Colonie. The temp has held steady overnight around 40ish. More heavy bands of rain are on there way, If its going to snow Its going to be on the tail end and we would get maybe an inch here in Albany

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 31 2008, 04:02 AM
Post #66

QUOTE(shaunalbany @ Oct 28 2008, 08:56 AM) *
Its snowing like crazy 15 miles west of my office in Colonie. The temp has held steady overnight around 40ish. More heavy bands of rain are on there way, If its going to snow Its going to be on the tail end and we would get maybe an inch here in Albany
the cold front did make it thru albany at about 230pm tuesday afternoon,then the cold front came thru here in pittsfield at about 3pm.the rain shouldve been changing over to snow albany sometime after 4pm and continued to snow into tuesday evening.the rain did change over to snow here on tuesday afternoon shortly 4pm and became all wet snow at 420pm.i sure did notice all that heavy wet snow hitting those areas west of albany on radar during tuesday everytime i took a look,plus i heard all about on news channel 13,10 and 6 at noontime tuesday

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 31 2008, 04:09 AM
Post #67

the heavy rains that began late monday night and continued into most of tuesday finally mixed with and changed over to wet snow at 420pm tuesday late afternoon.but one is for certain,had that stubborn cold front just swept on thru the area like all other cold front and the cold airmass ushers in here.then by tuesday morning,the rain wouldve changed to all wet snow,it wouldve been blizzard outside with that heavy duty moisture content coming in here like that off of the western atlantic with the strong winds.my air temps stayed at 42-44 degrees all day tuesday,then by 330pm my air temps were at 40 degrees,and just kept on falling ever since.then after 4pm late tuesday afternoon was when it become cold enough for the rain to change over to snow.so i had snow from 420pm into the next 6hrs,i only picked up 2 inches of snow in the grassy area,while in the bareground dirt,concrete and tar is where the snow didnt stick.then the coldest air temps tuesday night into wednesday morning were 28.6 degrees at 550am

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 31 2008, 04:14 AM
Post #68

then on wednesday,it was cloudy,windy colder as the more colder airmass ushers into the area.i have partly sunny windy cold airmass in place with a couple of inches of snow in the grassy surface,its almost getting to feel like true winter artic airmass outside,and you can really notice that the climate is changing and getting colder and colder,and pretty soon the ground will be frozen and artic airmass will be building more and more and getting stronger.so after a morning low of 28 degrees,my air temps didnt recover much at all today,the clouds were coming back in the more the sun came out.so i only had a high of 36.4 degrees at 110pm early wednesday afternoon.it looks like wednesday night into thursday morning is gonna be a cold one.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 31 2008, 04:19 AM
Post #69

it sure did cold this thursday morning,i had a low of 23.5 degrees as of 610am.the sun came out blazing afterwards,but i also had alotta clouds popping up again with windy conditions and cold.so my air temps never did break 40 degrees thursday afternoon,i only had a high of 34.5 degrees at 140pm thursday early afternoon.i thought thursday felt even colder than wednesday did,it sure was feeling alot more like winter was here.but if winter artic airmass was here,i would certainly be alot colder than lower 20s at night,i would be in the lower 10s-20s below zero.my air temps are expected to drop down around 22-24 degrees by friday morning with a hard freeze

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 31 2008, 04:24 AM
Post #70

so here i am waking up this morning,it sure is a cold one again this morning,im just glad it isnt windy anymore,im getting so sick and tired of that wind blowing when its cold like this outside.my air temps did drop off into the lower 20s this morning,infact my low temps are night now at 24 degrees as of 623am,while my dewpoints are 19.5 degrees.i dont think my air temps will be be falling much more now since its getting so close to daylight.but they could still drop back another degree or 2.im expected to have plenty of sunshine with air temps getting milder today rising into the mid 50s.so it should be a real beautiful day with abundance of sunshine and pleasantly mild weather.so everybody should get outdoors today and really enjoy the beautiful weather

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Oct 31 2008, 06:35 AM
Post #71

its still cold outside,i have a pretty good widespread hard freeze outside.my air temps havnt changed much at all during the past couple of hours,as the sun is rising up higher and higher into the sky.i find it hard to believe the air temps are expected go into the mid-upper 50s today.but if does happen,i guess my air temps will be in the mid-upper 50s around 130-230pm this afternoon.the sun is out blazing with a widespread hard freeze with air temps at 24.2 degrees as of 837am,while my dewpoints are 19.3 degrees

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Nov 1 2008, 06:48 PM
Post #72

well friday turned out to be a real beautifull sunny day.at first i didnt think the air temps were gonna make it into the mid 50s,and sure enough the air temps did.so i had alotta blazing sunshine and milder air temps with a high of 56.4 degrees at 210pm friday afternoon,the snow was melting and before you knew the snow was gone.the clouds came rolling in during mid-late afternoon.then it was cloudy and rather mild and breezy last night with air at 48 degrees last night,then dropped back to 44.4 degrees at 6am this morning.then it was cloudy early,then breaks of sunshine and air temps in the mid50s which kinda surprised me,after thinking it wasnt possible at first during the early morning hours.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Nov 1 2008, 07:02 PM
Post #73

it sure was a mild night last night,i had cloudy skys and windy conditions as air temps remained in the upper 40s for awhile last night.the air temps didnt fall back till early this morning.so my night time low was 48 degrees just before midnight,then the low early this morning was 44 degrees,i almost cooked myself late last night into the overnight after feeding the woodsotve during mid evening.so i has alotta clouds around this morning,it was breezy with some gusty winds,the air temps were 44 degrees,but jumped back to 48 degrees by 8am.then it was 52 degrees at 820am,the air temps pretty much stayed right there for awhile,then fell back during the day when i took a look from time to time.the cold front swept thru at about 7am this morning,then another frontal boundry of some sort came thru 8hrs later.the colder airmass is filtering back in here this afternoon and tonight,the air temps are expected to drop back into the lower 20s by tomorrow morning.but its now november,and novermber can be a brutal cold month,i have gone thru many novembers that were very cold with alotta snowstorms.but most novembers have been relatively tranquil,the high pressure comes down from canada and ushers in one of the coldest airmasses of the season.then a few days later,the high pressure system anchors itself off of the mid-atlantic coast and builds its ridge into the northeast,and all of a sudden you see day after day after day with most of the month sunny and pleasantly warm outside.then during the last week of november and all of sudden the artic airmasses come slamming into the area with snow squalls and snowstorms and were knocked into the cold artic winter snowfall season.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Nov 1 2008, 07:04 PM
Post #74

i almost forgot.i have clear skys,calm conditions with air temps at 34.3 degrees as of 906pm,while my dewpoints are28.1 degrees.my air temps supposed to drop back into the lower 20s.we are supposed to set the clocks back an hour tonight before we all go to bed.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Nov 2 2008, 03:21 AM
Post #75

it sure is a cold one outside,the airmass has certainly been getting a bit colder outside now with air temps falling off into the 20s with a hard freeze setting up outside.i had fall peak foliage colors some 3 weeks ago.but so far,the maple trees seem to take the longest in changing colors and leafs come off,because the leafs on the maple trees are still dark green even though i been nailed about 4 times with hard frosts,and about 4 hard freezes.i sure hope everyone set there clocks back an hour and got an extra hour of sleep,because if you wake up in the morning and forgot to change the clock back an hour,well you will see that you just got an extra hour back as soon as you set your clock back an hour.the air temps are starting to really drop off pretty good.so far,my air temps are 26.4 degrees as of 423am,while my dewpoints are 19.1 degrees

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_snowmaninbuffalo_*
post Nov 2 2008, 08:13 AM
Post #76

Guests

QUOTE(apeaslee @ Nov 2 2008, 04:21 AM) *
it sure is a cold one outside,the airmass has certainly been getting a bit colder outside now with air temps falling off into the 20s with a hard freeze setting up outside.i had fall peak foliage colors some 3 weeks ago.but so far,the maple trees seem to take the longest in changing colors and leafs come off,because the leafs on the maple trees are still dark green even though i been nailed about 4 times with hard frosts,and about 4 hard freezes.i sure hope everyone set there clocks back an hour and got an extra hour of sleep,because if you wake up in the morning and forgot to change the clock back an hour,well you will see that you just got an extra hour back as soon as you set your clock back an hour.the air temps are starting to really drop off pretty good.so far,my air temps are 26.4 degrees as of 423am,while my dewpoints are 19.1 degrees
IMBY the temperature dropped down to 19!!!! Its now 34, but at 7am the temp was only 25!

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Nov 2 2008, 09:02 PM
Post #77

QUOTE(snowmaninbuffalo @ Nov 2 2008, 09:13 AM) *
IMBY the temperature dropped down to 19!!!! Its now 34, but at 7am the temp was only 25!

oh really darn,sure sounds like it got a bit chilly in your neck of the woods,its going to be another cold one tonight into tomorrow morning.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Nov 2 2008, 09:11 PM
Post #78

well the daylight hours is an hour shorter,the night time hours is 1hr longer,so longer night hours usually results in colder airmasses getting stronger and lasting alot longer.i have clear sky,calm conditions and pretty good radiational cooling and widespread freezepp.so tonight into tomo00000000000000000001qrrow morning,its gonna be cold with a real good hard freeze.my air temps are 25.5 degrees,while my dewpoiunts are 16.5 degrees

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Nov 3 2008, 05:12 PM
Post #79

well today was a bit milder than yesterday,but i sure did have alot more clouds today,although the sun did finally break out for a couple of hours from noontime into 2pm,then became cloudy again.the reason for all the cloud formations moving from west/southwest to east/northeast was from a warm front,the front is pushing through the area and will get milder outside.my air temps went to 54.4 degrees at 110pm this afternoon.my morning low was 30.5 degrees at 545am this morning.but the air temps fell off again as it became mostly cloudy,but the air temps only been falling slowly,and this will continue into tonight since it will be partly-mostly cloudy.the air temps should only fall back to maybe 40 degrees,and actually may rise overnight into tomorrow morning as the high pressure ridge pumps that warmer air in here with its ridge into the region.so tomorrow should be sunny with some high clouds,the air temps should break 60 degrees into the low-mid 60s.then the high pressure ridge will really pumping its ridge in here with the milder airmass,so my air temps should go into the mid-upper 60s on wednesday afternoon.but if this high pressure system were to strenghen and really build its ridge over the northeast while the high is off the north carolina coast,then we could have a several days to maybe a couple of weeks of sunny pleasantly warm weather.but it looks like the high pressure ridge is expected to be broken down by the weekend,then colder weather and perhaps snow early next week.but right now,we got beautiful weather coming for tomorrow and wednesday and possibly lasting into thursday afternoon.my air temps right now are 48 degrees at 615pm,while my dewpoints are 41.2 degrees.

+Quote Post
apeaslee
post Nov 6 2008, 04:52 AM
Post #80

the cold weather has left the area since this past weekend,the high pressure ridge that was established over the southern to northern plains and midwest has now shifted eastward this past sunday into monday and now has eastablished its high pressure ridge into the northeast from monday afternoon into today and tomorrow.so as the high pressure system built its ridge into the northeast the past few days,this has allowed for more milder weather to return to the area.so after being in the mid 50s with sunshine this past monday,the air temps sure did plunge back into the 20s early tuesday morning with a low of 23.5 degrees at 530am with a widespread hard freeze everywhere.then the sun came out blazing tuesday during mid-late morning into afternoon with air temps reaching 64.4 degrees at 1250pm,then it remained above 60 degrees thru 4pm late tuesday afternoon.it sure was a beautifull sunny pleasant day weather wise for people to get out and vote for obama,and they sure did,because he became president tuesday night at 11pm when my air temps were 48.6 degrees at the time.i couldnt believe that obama did,he really did it and became president of the united states.i was a little caught by surprise when i seen how mild my air temps were at 11pm tuesday night at 48.6 degrees.my air temps did eventually fall back only another 4 more degrees at 44.4 degrees at 540am wednesday morning.

+Quote Post

66 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 01:24 PM