Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New England Sept 7th, Hanna's Track
gulfofslides
post Aug 31 2008, 08:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 12,082

What are the models predicting for Sept 7th,I have a ferry booked for Martha's Vineyard that Sunday?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SnowMan11
post Aug 31 2008, 09:47 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 14,017

QUOTE(gulfofslides @ Aug 31 2008, 10:23 AM) *
What are the models predicting for Sept 7th,I have a ferry booked for Martha's Vineyard that Sunday?

There is a lot of discussion about Hanna in the Tropical Forum.
wink.gif

--------------------
LETS GO METS

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_CapeCodWeather08_*
post Aug 31 2008, 12:10 PM
Post #3

Guests

Hanna is a deepening concern for those of us North of North Carolina. Simply one reason is the GFS model predicting consistently that Hanna will give us some rain by the weekend, however its unknown how strong she will be by then. The accurate tropical cyclone forecasting models HWRF and GFDL have been trending north for the past several runs and now show a hurricane hitting NC and heading possible further north as a tropical storm. I will have updates if needed throughout the week.

+Quote Post
NYCSuburbs
post Sep 1 2008, 06:19 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 15,491

Our NWS station in Upton, NY keeps saying that Hanna will probably impact our region, here's the link:
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/product.php?site=N...amp;product=AFD

but the other forecasts seem to disagree and show Hanna's remnants moving NW from the Carolinas. The local mets show a slight chance of rain on Saturday and Weather.com is also showing a small chance. If it does rain, its remnants will probably be to our west.

+Quote Post
NYCSuburbs
post Sep 1 2008, 10:03 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 15,491

Here is my first rainfall map for this storm and will change as the storm approaches.
In my opinion, Hanna's remnants will move to the west of the Appalachians and then curve NE towards Maine. Rainfall will not be too much since Hanna would weaken inland and move relatively fast. Places near landfall would probably see 6-10 inches of rain.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 04:55 AM