Login to AccuWeather.com Premium Login to AccuWeather.com Professional Login to AccuWeather.com RadarPlus AccuWeather.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Report Moderator Posts?, General Mod Abuse Questions
Playa21
post Dec 20 2008, 01:06 AM
Post #1

Group: Founding Member
Member No.: 610

Just curious, if you report a moderator's post, what happens?

Like, is it up to the other moderators? Do you have warn levels? Can you get in trouble? Or are you given free reign to do whatever you like? What keeps you in check? (Besides the BEEF with the moderator thread, which I don't think is quite enough).

I have no moderator posts to report, but I was just wondering what happens if..

--------------------
City of Detroit
2013-2014 Seasonal Snowfall - 90.7" (42.5" average) | All-Time Record - 93.6" (1880-1881)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DomNH
post Dec 20 2008, 07:22 AM
Post #2

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 11,976

QUOTE(Playa21 @ Dec 20 2008, 02:06 AM) *
Just curious, if you report a moderator's post, what happens?

Like, is it up to the other moderators? Do you have warn levels? Can you get in trouble? Or are you given free reign to do whatever you like? What keeps you in check? (Besides the BEEF with the moderator thread, which I don't think is quite enough).

I have no moderator posts to report, but I was just wondering what happens if..

That's a good question laugh.gif. I don't know if we've ever gotten our posts reported.

We all keep each other in check, actually. We are always asking each other's opinions and finding the right solution as a team. Rarely does something get done without everyone knowing about it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Removed_Member_wfreeck_*
post Dec 20 2008, 09:26 AM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE(DS2434 @ Dec 20 2008, 08:22 AM) *
That's a good question laugh.gif. I don't know if we've ever gotten our posts reported.

We all keep each other in check, actually. We are always asking each other's opinions and finding the right solution as a team. Rarely does something get done without everyone knowing about it.

I think there was ONE person (anonymous) that was reported (due to breaking the guidelines) & had their moderating abilities suspended.

This post has been edited by missmarisa: Dec 20 2008, 09:36 AM

+Quote Post
missmarisa
post Dec 20 2008, 09:35 AM
Post #4

Group: SuperModerator
Member No.: 11,489

I have to agree with Dom on that one....

Not only do we discuss just about everything, but we also try to keep one another up-to-date on anyone we've had a problem with, or any actions we've taken. If a member sends us a nasty PM about a moderation, you can better believe that ALL of us get copied on the response back....that way no one can unfairly accuse a Mod of anything. If there is anything questionable it is immediately turned over to Jesse for his determination.

Please do not think that there is no one watching what we do, or that we "get away with anything"...that is not true. We question one another all the time, and we discuss everything. Jesse weighs in on what we are discussing about 95% of the time...and he is very quick to tell us if we were too heavy handed, or if we weren't heavy handed enough.

If you have a concern about a Mod, then I can only suggest that you either PM the mod (or one of the other Mods) about it, or contact Jesse. Whether we agree with you or not the report or PM will be discussed and a solution decided upon. It will not be brushed under the rug or ignored.

I'd like to think that something like that won't happen, though. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 12:13 AM