fourseasons doesn't have a personal statement currently.
Rank: F5 Superstorm
Joined: 7-January 08
Profile Views: 3,290*
Last Seen: 6th March 2013 - 03:37 PM
Local Time: Jan 16 2017, 09:46 PM
539 posts (0 per day)
* Profile views updated each hour
2 Mar 2009
I've got a freakin' house mouse runnin' the roost around here. How do I catch it/get rid of it? I'm NOT touching it. It's very fast and can jump at least a foot... I watched it. GROSS!!!! Go figure... snowed in with an unwanted RODENT!
30 Jan 2009
Wondering if someone might be able to give me some pointers. The CRT TV in my bedroom has finally gone kaput (it lasted a LONG time... kinda sad to see it go). So now I'm in the market for a new TV... somewhere between 22 and 32" for my bedroom. I don't know much about LCDs and plasmas except for the stuff I've read online the last couple of days. I get the 720p vs. the 1080p. I know that most, if not all, are 16:9 ratio (which I really hate... not a fan of the widescreen... much prefer the 4:3 ratio on the CRTs.... the CRTs are just too dang heavy and bulky for me to move around by myself... I can manage a 35 lb. LCD though).
I'd be watching it a a distance of 4 - 12 ft. (depending of if I'm sitting at the end of the bed or am in bed or am at the dresser getting ready for work).
1) Do both LCD and plasma connect to a basic coaxial cable that comes out from the wall (I have no cable box)?
2) Even though many say they have 178 degree clarity, I've read that those claims are often not true. Anyone have any experience with this?
3) What is the best bang for the buck? (not going over $500)... it's not "that" serious
4) Anyone have a Vizio TV. Considering a 32" Vizio LCD that's at Walmart for $449 (at other places too but for more money... around $550) This TV has received pretty good reviews from what I can see online.
5) Who is the best retailer to buy such an item from? Who has the best customer service and/or return policy? I would prefer a local retailer... would really like to go out and buy one this weekend.
Thanks all for your help, information, and advice. I'm trying to make a purchase that I won't regret later... like the TV that just died... I've had that TV for about a decade!
5 Aug 2016 - 12:44
9 Nov 2015 - 16:10
24 Jan 2015 - 17:38
26 Mar 2014 - 14:42
7 Dec 2013 - 16:52
Active: 11th December 2016 - 12:54 PM
Active: 29th May 2016 - 07:46 PM
Active: 29th October 2008 - 05:00 AM
Active: 17th August 2009 - 03:04 PM
Active: 12th January 2017 - 01:53 PM
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 16th January 2017 - 09:46 PM|