trex doesn't have a personal statement currently.
Rank: F5 Superstorm
23 years old
Fancy Gap, Va
Joined: 8-January 08
Profile Views: 1,839*
Last Seen: 25th November 2013 - 12:56 PM
Local Time: Mar 29 2015, 11:24 PM
959 posts (0 per day)
* Profile views updated each hour
7 Sep 2009
I want this to be a stricly opinion. like in your opinion, the top ten snowiest places on the east coast, relative to their climate, area, geogrpahy, etc. Not a list of who gets the most snow. So I'll start
10) Mountains of Northern Gergia. When you think of Gergia you don't think of snow, but they get quite a bit.
9) Eastern Massachusets. You'd think the ocean would play a role in preventing snow. No.
8) Great Smoky Mountains - More snow than most areas of the interior Northeast. Just need a stiff NW breeze and some elevation to crank out 50" + a year.
7) Blue Ridge Mountains, - Virginia - Often recieve more than the annual snow maps indicate. Micro Climate because of upslope enhancement when the storms ride up the eastern US.
6) Central Pennsylvania, - prime position for Nor'easters, lake effect, clippers, you name it , they got it. One of the snowiest places in America given there climate and not to high elevation.
5) Northern Maine - Need I say more
4) Boone, NC - gets upslope heavily in the winter, and still gets its good old southern snow. Often gets 50" +, plus is one of the nicest college towns in America.
3) Snowshoe , Cass Valley, WV - Every other day. It seems to snow.
12 Feb 2008
Looking at the latest GFS, it takes the storm east of the mountains, giving at least the mountains from NC north a shot at winter. Do you think this trend will continue? Is there a chance it could go even further east?
11 Feb 2008
What do yall think of a storm posibilty for snow and ice Wednesday/Thursday?
19 Jan 2008
I see to oppurtunities for snow in the south AGAIN next week. I think we need to watch a storm Thursday that could drop snow in all of the Southern Apps, and in the piedmont north of a line from Nashville to Greensboro.
There is another storm Thursday I think we need to watch, this will be colder, with snow for mor.
13 May 2014 - 23:03
27 Oct 2012 - 22:52
25 Oct 2012 - 23:49
18 Feb 2012 - 0:20
23 Jan 2011 - 14:34
There are no friends to display.
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 29th March 2015 - 11:24 PM|