NW Ohio's 1st Ever Member
Rank: F5 Superstorm
Joined: 11-February 08
Profile Views: 10,237*
Last Seen: 20th February 2014 - 10:22 PM
Local Time: Jul 24 2014, 01:06 AM
2,944 posts (1 per day)
* Profile views updated each hour
14 Mar 2012
Check out my blog on the latest weather in the Great Lakes and especially Toledo.
Currently I have an update on this heatwave and how long it will last and also an article on how warm this March really has been
17 Apr 2011
Threw up a forecast for tonights snow event and a preview of a possible severe weather outbreak across the Lower Great Lakes
3 Sep 2010
On this I will post when I have made an update on my blog. Currently I just have a weekly forecast summary and a prediction for this Fall. To access my blog all you have to do is click the logo in my signature
17 Jun 2009
It's about time. After the long wait 1-75 is set to re-open which will make life much easier for many of us who consistently use it to get up there, especially for Tigers and Red Wings games as well as some College Hockey @ the Joe. I got sick and tired of taking 75 to 275 to 94 in the city. It was so much easier to just hop on 75 and ride it all the way up to Detroit, I mean come on I don't wanna head all the way out to the airport. Anyways here's the story from the Free Press...
Metro Detroiters, rejoice: I-75 in Detroit is now set to reopen in early July, nearly half a year ahead of schedule for the massive project to rebuild the freeway and its connections to the Ambassador Bridge.
The Michigan Department of Transportation hasn’t set an exact date but hopes to have the main freeway open to traffic by the Fourth of July holiday, if the weather cooperates. The state has scheduled a ribbon-cutting ceremony with regional leaders and those affected by the project for June 29.
“We’re five months early on the opening,” said MDOT senior resident engineer Victor Judnic, who has overseen the $170-million project to revamp I-75, part of I-96 and the freeway interchange at the busy border crossing with Ontario.
There’s still plenty of work ahead. Judnic said ramps at the bridge interchange will reopen as they’re ready through the fall, as will a corresponding upgrade to the bridge plaza. Traffic between the bridge and freeway will continue on detours largely unchanged while the work continues. Some work, including landscaping, will last into May 2010.
MDOT spokesman Bill Shreck said the department wanted an early finish for the project, the largest single contract in MDOT history. It kicked off February 2008, diverting drivers to detours using I-94 in combination with I-275, Telegraph and Southfield roads.
“We understood that this was a hardship to the motoring public” and residents of southwest Detroit, Shreck said.
Judnic said contractors may earn up to $6.5 million in incentives for reopening early. The work had been scheduled to last into December.
“It’s great news,” said driver Karyn Delier of St. Clair Shores. “I’ve been avoiding it and using the I-94 loop around.”
16 May 2009
Gary Bettman would prefer to see the Phoenix Coyotes move to Winnipeg than Hamilton, according to court documents filed as part of the NHL team's bankruptcy case.
A lawyer who works for Coyotes majority owner Jerry Moyes says the NHL commissioner told him that last month after he contacted the league to let it know that there was a Canadian purchaser who was interested in moving the team to southern Ontario.
In an affidavit filed Friday, Earl Scudder says that Bettman informed him Hamilton wasn't an ideal destination because Copps Coliseum is over 30 years old, saying "if the team did return to Canada, it would be to Winnipeg."
The franchise moved to Phoenix from the Manitoba capital in 1996.
Scudder's affidavit also says that Bettman said the only way a team would end up in southern Ontario is through expansion.
His sworn statement was one of several documents submitted to the Arizona bankruptcy court by Moyes's lawyers on Friday. In one filing, the NHL is accused of looking out for its own interests rather than those of the creditors who would be paid if Jim Balsillie's US$212.5-million bid to purchase the team was allowed to go through.
The document also raises the question of what the league would do if the court rules that it has control of the team, saying: "After all, it is beyond dispute that Coyotes Hockey is insolvent."
The parties will be in a Phoenix courtroom for a bankruptcy hearing on Tuesday.
A central argument from the NHL is that Moyes gave up the right to place the team into Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection when he received financing to keep the Coyotes afloat in November. That notion is disputed numerous times throughout the latest filings.
"I have not given up control of the Phoenix Coyotes to the NHL, and I have never discussed giving up control of the Phoenix Coyotes to the NHL," Moyes said in an affidavit.
One document claims that his sole intention is to sell the Coyotes to the highest bidder.
It also accuses the league of getting in the way of that process by refusing to disclose details of a reported offer from Jerry Reinsdorf, who owns the Chicago Bulls and Chicago White Sox.
26 Mar 2014 - 14:44
22 Jan 2013 - 0:43
26 Dec 2012 - 21:37
17 Mar 2012 - 19:49
18 Oct 2011 - 22:34
Active: 14th January 2009 - 09:07 PM
Active: Yesterday, 08:37 PM
Active: 18th March 2014 - 02:24 PM
Active: 15th July 2014 - 10:35 AM
Active: 28th March 2013 - 09:08 PM
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 01:06 AM|