Science, Art and Humanity would be nowhere without the mysterious. Never stop questioning, wondering, dreaming.
Rank: F5 Superstorm
99 years old
Painting, Drawing, Reading, Writing, Gaming, Astronomy, Environmental studies, Physics, Cooking, Cultures, Anthropology (Always wanted to be Indiana Jones!), Wit, Humor and all things mysterious.
Joined: 20-February 08
Profile Views: 14,059*
Last Seen: 22nd August 2016 - 04:16 AM
Local Time: Aug 24 2016, 09:13 AM
6,434 posts (2 per day)
* Profile views updated each hour
6 Aug 2016
Maw’s Friday Questions!
(Guest host: The Watch! ~ You know it’s me because it’s late )
Hope you all had a good week Just copy, paste and respond with your answers!
1. What’s a book you had to read for school or work that you surprisingly, really enjoyed and stuck with you?
2. What movie (or movies) can you re-watch till the end of days? What makes it great?
3. So you win a dream all-expenses-paid vacation, where are you going and what are you doing?
4. Name a scent that immediately takes you back to a happy memory, what is it and why?
5. What song was most recently stuck in your head?
6. Ever have an idea for a great invention that you never acted on? Tell us about it…
7. Are there any other faiths other than your own that you’ve always been curious about? Why?
8. What was something ridiculous you believed as a kid?
9. Do you have a sibling? Share a favorite short story about them!
10. What’s your favorite part about being an adult? (Assuming you are one)
Bonus question: If you were reincarnated, what you do want to come back as? Why?
11 Apr 2010
*Spoiler Alert* --- Don't read further if you want to avoid spoilers.
SO I watched the new Alice and Wonderland last night. There is a part in the movie where Johnny Depp's character starts reciting the poem of the Jabberwoke in a deep Scottish accent. That moment right there was like the culmination of all my geeky girlish fantasies. Anyone else get a kick out of poetry, accents, pretty boys or pretty boys reciting poetry with an accent?
7 Mar 2010
I ask this because I've had several of my relatives who say things about how they are waiting for me to "make my move" and other things like that. They seem to think I'm just messing around in my current situation (dull but decent paying job, not going for more college degrees, no specific goal but living a decent ordinary life) and that one day I'm supposed to do something astounding. Have you ever had people say things like that? How does it make you react?
13 Nov 2009
Sorry guys, forgot about eastern standard time. Enjoy some questions and have a safe weekend!
1. What is some important knowledge that you’ve gained that you’d like to pass on to your children when/if you have them?
2. Have you ever felt like you had a specific destiny or experienced something that was “meant to happen”? If so, tell us about it.
3. Did you have any goals before age 12 that you actually accomplished? What were they?
4. What is the kindest thing anyone else has ever done for you?
5. Have you ever laughed so hard you could barely breathe? If so, why?
6. Would you rather take pictures or be in pictures?
7. Have you ever been in a relationship you felt you needed to keep hidden from everyone (romantic or friend)? What happened?
8. Have you ever been addicted to anything?
9. There’s a storm coming, and you’re stuck outside, away from home. You start walking down the road trying to find a place to take shelter. You meet someone else on the road, they are (fill in the blank) What happens?
10. If you got drafted today, what would you do? Do you think you’d survive boot camp?
11. Would you ever live with a boyfriend or girlfriend before marriage? Why?
12. When you’re looking to sneak a guilty pleasure, what’s the first thing you go for?
13. What is the silliest or weirdest thing that ever scared you?
Bonus: You’re dreaming, you realize you’re dreaming and take control of it, what do you do?
8 Nov 2009
A friend recently recommeded me to a site for International Novel Writting Month. It's a collection of people all over the world who pledge to begin work on a novel of at least 50,000 words. You spend the entire month of November writing as much as you can without revising or editing much to see if you can actually accomplish the goal of 50,000 words. If you reach your goal and load your novel into their site they will print a professional copy of your book for you, after you edit of course. They give you weekly encouragement to continue writting and there are all kinds of events where people get together to write or talk about story ideas. It's organized for your local area so it's easy to find one nearby. I started the challenge, I'm at 6,739 words so far.
For anyone who's ever thought of writing a book, here's a good excuse!
Yesterday, 06:12 PM
16 Aug 2016 - 15:22
20 Jul 2016 - 18:11
16 Jul 2016 - 20:15
14 Jul 2016 - 19:14
Watch, where did you go? Missing you in EE and games! Come back and play when you have time! :)
4 Sep 2010 - 0:29
Lol WoW head indeed. Although not so much any more =. At one point I lived, ate, and breathed only WoW. I have come to realize, that life>games
4 Aug 2010 - 17:17
Haha. Sweet. I have a friend at San Diego State and she says I have a twin down there. I guess we're all triplets, separated at birth.
4 Jan 2010 - 15:53
3 Jan 2010 - 17:27
Oh darn. I always liked tricks...
19 Dec 2009 - 14:37
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 11:13 AM|