Beck doesn't have a personal statement currently.
Rank: F5 Superstorm
22 years old
Joined: 2-December 09
Profile Views: 34,650*
Last Seen: Today, 01:48 AM
Local Time: Dec 28 2014, 08:33 AM
29,849 posts (16 per day)
* Profile views updated each hour
14 Dec 2014
Looks like Northern and Central California will get up to .75 in the valleys, and between 1 and 2.5 inches in the foothills, at least judging by the NWS Sacramento forecast discussion. Snow levels are expected to drop to near 4,000 feet, and between 1 and 2 feet of snow is predicted for higher elevations.
From the NWS discussion (San Diego):
AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SAN DIEGO CA
850 AM PST SUN DEC 14 2014
FAIR...AND A LITTLE WARMER THROUGH MONDAY UNDER A WEAK HIGH PRESSURE
RIDGE ALOFT. INCREASING HIGH CLOUDS ON MONDAY AS A LOW PRESSURE
TROUGH APPROACHES FROM THE WEST. THE TROUGH WILL BE WEAKENING...BUT
STILL IS EXPECTED TO PRODUCE SOME LIGHT PRECIPITATION BY TUESDAY. A
COLDER TROUGH WILL FOLLOW FOR WEDNESDAY WITH A CHANCE FOR HEAVIER
RAIN AND SNOW SHOWERS...AND EVEN A FEW THUNDERSTORMS. COOL THROUGH
THURSDAY WITH SHOWERS ENDING...FOLLOWED BY DRY AND WARMER WEATHER
FOR FRIDAY. THERE IS ANOTHER CHANCE FOR SHOWERS OVER THE WEEKEND...
THEN DRY...WITH OFFSHORE FLOW TO FOLLOW EARLY NEXT WEEK.
FOR THE INITIAL SHORTWAVE AND WEAKENING FRONT ON TUE...EXPECT SOME
SHOWERS TO ARRIVE ACROSS ORANGE AND SAN BERNARDINO COUNTIES EARLY
TUE MORNING..AND SPREAD SOUTH THROUGH SAN DIEGO COUNTY THROUGH
MIDDAY. OROGRAPHIC EFFECTS LOOK MINIMAL SO PRELIMINARY RAINFALL
ESTIMATES ARE FOR ONE-HALF TO ONE INCH IN THE SAN BERNARDINO
MTS...WITH AROUND ONE-QUARTER TO NEAR ONE-HALF INCH FARTHER SOUTH
THROUGH EARLY EVENING. THE SNOW LEVEL IS EXPECTED TO BE BETWEEN 5500
AND 6000 FEET WITH SEVERAL INCHES OF SNOW POSSIBLE ON THE HIGHER
PEAKS OF THE SAN JACINTO AND SAN BERNARDINO MTS.
SCATTERED...LIGHT SHOWERS MAY CONTINUE TUE NIGHT INTO EARLY WED
MORNING AHEAD OF THE COLDER TROUGH...THEN EXPECT RAIN/SNOW SHOWERS
TO INCREASE AGAIN WED. THIS EVENT WILL BE MORE CONVECTIVE...SO RAIN
AND SNOWFALL WILL BE MORE VARIABLE...BUT THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR AN
ADDITIONAL INCH OR MORE OF RAIN MOST AREAS ALONG AND WEST OF THE MTS
BY THU MORNING...AND HEAVY SNOW ABOVE 5000 FT. CONFIDENCE REMAINS
LOW TO MODERATE WITH THIS EVENT DUE TO UNCERTAINTY ASSOCIATED WITH
THE STRENGTH AND TRACK OF THE UPPER LOW. AVAILABLE PW WILL AGAIN
BE CLOSE TO ONE INCH...SO MOISTURE WILL BE SUFFICIENT. INSTABILITY
PARAMETERS SUGGEST THERE IS A THREAT OF ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WED
AND WED NIGHT AS WELL. THE SHOWERS ARE EXPECTED TO END THU MORNING.
I'm looking forward to this. This has been a good month so far, rain-wise. El Nino could be generous to us this winter for all we know. What do you all think?
20 Sep 2014
Apologies for the late questions. I was on my way back from Albuquerque, NM yesterday, which was a 13-hour drive so I didn't have the chance to post these.
1. If you had to choose: Would you live in the city center, or far outskirts?
2. What's the longest drive you've ever done?
3. What was your favorite part of this summer?
4. Have you ever intentionally destroyed a piece of technology?
5. What do you think will be humanity's downfall, and why?
6. Will you consider signing up for Maw's Friday Questions at any time soon?
7. What is your view on the homeless in America?
8. Do you think there will be anyone left on this forum, 5 years from now?
9. Have you ever experienced jet lag without taking an airplane?
10. Do you have any annoying neighbors you'd like to tell us about?
16 Sep 2014
Continuing the string of birthday threads this month, I would like to wish Bethany (if I may) a happy birthday today.
I know I've posted the following image before, but I believe it fits this occasion.
14 Aug 2014
1. What is your favorite thing about this summer so far?
2. Do you ever avoid exposure to any/all forms of media for certain periods of time (also known as "media fasting")?
3. Do you consider yourself extraverted, introverted or a bit of both?
4. Do you ever use Wikipedia, the online encyclopedia? If so, what was the last article you read?
5. What is your last dream you remember (if you feel comfortable telling us)?
6. How often do you get into political/social/philosophical discussions with others (if ever)?
7. Do you ever listen to comedy? If so, who is your favorite comedian?
8. If you were placed in a large, spacious room with approximately 50 random people in it (with no instructions or explanation), what is the first thing you would do and why?
9. Do you typically feel more "energized" in crowded, social settings or in quiet, solitary ones?
10. If we were to take a look into your mind on an average day and display it on a TV screen, what would it look like?
11. Do you or have you ever felt strongly alienated from the current political system or society in general? Why?
12. What is one pleasant activity you wish you could spend more time doing?
13. How would you evaluate modern American culture? Do you like or dislike it, and why?
14. Do you or did you ever draw? What kind of things did you draw?
15. Do you prefer summer now, or are you looking forward to Autumn/Fall more?
27 Jun 2014
1. What is your best summer memory?
2. Would you rather have a job you hate but make lots of money, or have your dream job but make very little money?
3. How often do you visit the beach (if at all)?
4. What personal achievement are you most proud of?
5. What is the longest distance you have ever walked and why?
6. What do you find yourself reading about most?
7. If you could pick one of the following 'super powers' to have, which would it be and why: Flying, invisibility, mind control, super strength, the ability to shrink oneself at will
8. Do you ever think that you have "the answers" to many of the world's problems? If yes, give an example.
9. What is the strangest dream you have ever had (that you remember)?
10. Have you ever, whether by accident or intentionally, achieved lucid dreaming (being aware that one is dreaming and in control)?
11. What is your favorite 'summer song'?
21 Dec 2014 - 1:15
12 Dec 2014 - 20:19
9 Dec 2014 - 13:46
27 Nov 2014 - 9:15
7 Oct 2014 - 16:43
1 Oct 2014 - 9:22
25 Sep 2014 - 16:59
12 Sep 2014 - 6:02
1 Sep 2014 - 6:23
22 Aug 2014 - 12:26
Happy Birthday Becky! :D
25 Sep 2012 - 22:36
Happy Birthday ..Sir!
You are officially no longer a teen...20 years old! Congratulations! Idee :D
25 Sep 2012 - 1:44
Excellent weather station! That is really cool....idee is now officially jealous.. :)
3 Apr 2012 - 2:56
Thanks Reggie! I needed a break for a while, but I'm ready to be back. I missed you guys!
5 Jan 2012 - 18:42
belle de mer
Happy Holidays !
24 Dec 2011 - 11:30
Where are ya 'Lil PB? I'm leaving tomorrow on vacation! I wanted to say something wise and deep like Apolo but I ain't that wise and the only thing deep about me are my ear canals...I think they meet in the middle of my brain! :O
14 Oct 2011 - 23:45
Nothing borne out of fear and ignorance can come to any good or have good consequences. I am only able, with God's help, to be a voice of reason in a forrest full of ignorance. may God bless and watch over you.
17 Sep 2011 - 19:32
Hey Young man...glad u asked. The name refers to being an "apologist-in-Ky." Simply put an apologist is one who gives a defense (in this case Christianity) of their beliefs using rational argumentation through dialog and/or debate with: casual believers, skeptic /atheists, those holding opposing viewpoints to Christianity. At least that's the short answer.
13 Sep 2011 - 2:01
3 Sep 2011 - 11:23
Thanks for your concern PB! : ). I think I'm pretty safe here in the Central Piedmont region but then...that's what they said before Hurricane Hugo!
25 Aug 2011 - 19:19
Active: 16th December 2014 - 02:28 PM
Active: 9th March 2014 - 12:36 AM
Active: 15th June 2014 - 02:08 PM
Active: 10th July 2011 - 11:20 PM
Active: 9th December 2014 - 03:27 PM
Active: Yesterday, 03:12 PM
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 28th December 2014 - 11:33 AM|