idecline to have a personal statement....
Rank: F5 Superstorm
Gender Not Set
Joined: 27-May 10
Profile Views: 20,615*
Last Seen: Yesterday, 08:48 AM
Local Time: Apr 17 2014, 01:32 PM
17,986 posts (13 per day)
* Profile views updated each hour
16 Apr 2014
We are stuck in a "Summer'-like pattern in the San Francisco Bay Area region...
With onshore winds pushing the marine layer into the Bay during the overnight hours...
Partial clearing during the day along the coast, with highs in the low to mid 60's (exception Santa Cruz has been in low 70's), high 60's and mid 70's around the Bay, and upper 70's to low 80's in the inner protected valleys.
Since we are in a lull of weather (until mid-week next week) here's the only precipitation chance...
A small portion of the next shortwave trough may be able to set off some drizzle or light precipitation on Friday into Saturday...the two jet streams are confusing a lot of forecasts going into next week ....a larger scale trough is likely to settle into the West Coast next week...
31 Mar 2014
It has finally felt a bit like Winter up here in Northern California...
It has been a long time since I can remember a series of storms hitting Northern California...
Another cold core low and associated instability is set to make landfall on the California coast beginning Monday morning...the jet is taking dead aim at Central California and this storm is very tightly formed with a definite area of cold unstable air at it's center...
Rain should begin in the Northern parts of the State by morning with a front sliding south and then the center of cold air coming in over the SF Bay Area during the day...lots of moisture to be found, a strong jet, great orientation of the front, and enough ooomph that should send showers Statewide by Tuesday...
This should be an impressive storm for late March/early April...the cold air is stacked up which should lead to generous snowfall above 4000ft. Even some of the higher coastal mountains could get a taste of snowfall on Monday night....
Another storm may affect the State on Wednesday into Thursday....
26 Mar 2014
All signs point to a wet week in Washington, Oregon, and Northern California...
Looks mighty wet for the North Coast and if this is correct...an amazing amount of snow in the Sierras...
The snow levels might be fairly high so a lot of this could be rain...with some Sierra cement at the higher locations...
The fetch is very moisture rich and this next impulse appears to set up as a possible "Tropical style" moisture feed with very selective focal points...perhaps the Cal/Ore border area then slowly sagging south as the 'third' impulse in this series looks to sweep down from the GOA...
I love the WV loop as it shows the motion of the jet stream and upper air...not to mention drier areas within impulses...the Southern jet is very zonal and moving at a good pace...the center of low pressure that is pushing in this first wave is up by British Columbia and seems to want to remain offshore a bit longer which should help give the first (Mar.26-27) storm a little more dynamics and lift to give decent rainfall on Wednesday...then a brief bump up of the ridge on Thursday will allow for clearing into Friday when the warm front/'tropical feed' type of onshore flow looks to set up...
A 'firehose' pointing at the North Coast of California?....
24 Mar 2014
Maw's belated Friday Questions...as issued by Idee on Sunday....
1. Did you make up a 'March Madness' pool and/or do they have one where you work?
2. Does the Spring equinox hold any significance for you ?
3. What is your own "Puxatawney Phil" (Groundhog Day) forecast for the first month of Spring?
4. Does the opening of Major League Baseball mean anything to yOu?
5. With California's continued drought food prices are going to rise...will you change buying habits?
6. Have you considered/or do so already/ starting a home garden to save money and grow your own vegetables?
7. What was the first video ever 'played' on MTV?
8. What was the name of the first 'Reality' show...and what network broadcast that show?
9. What 1980's band said "Stop Making Sense" ?
10. What is the definition of 'Sensei' ?
What a bunch of non-sense.....
17 Mar 2014
Hey! Where is everybody?
Have a good week ...
1. Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day?
2. Have you ever been to a St. Patrick's Day parade?
3. Do you wear green on St. Patrick's Day?
4. Do you/or your family make Corned Beef and Cabbage on St. Patrick's Day?
5. How many leaves on a 'clover' make it lucky?
6. Do you try to purchase so-called 'green' (environment friendly) products?
7. Who is your favorite actor named 'Patrick' ?
8. Do you have a favorite Irish writer/poet?
9. Name a band from Ireland...
10. Dublin, Ireland is a 'sister-city' with what California city? (hint' both are known for their leadership in 'High-Tech' industries)
What Major College sports program teams are known as the 'Fighting Irish' ?
13 Mar 2014 - 7:35
1 Mar 2014 - 0:42
10 Feb 2014 - 1:21
29 Jan 2014 - 20:25
17 Jan 2014 - 5:12
Thank you, Idee =)
25 Sep 2012 - 3:59
Time to make a comment on my last comment! :O Sorry about that, but u forgave...thank you! :D
28 Jul 2012 - 9:54
Hi sweet guy! I just now saw your comment.. ur such a sweetie! <3 <3
4 Jul 2012 - 20:45
Just playing around 'cause you're not around to stop me! (Tongue-out emo goes here)
14 May 2012 - 17:28
Here's your comment....!
13 Aug 2011 - 0:22
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 01:32 PM|